Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NY lawmaker, son sentenced to prison for extorting developer and others

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 May 2016, 02:34 PM Agree 0
The former majority leader of the New York State Senate and his son are headed to federal prison for pressuring a real estate developer and other companies into enriching them through direct payments and sham jobs
  • coronalu | | 12 May 2016, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    Hey, Adam, now you can shine shoes in the joint, you most likely will be shining a lot more than just shoes while you are in there.
  • | | 12 May 2016, 04:58 PM Agree 0
    But Dad will still collect his NYS pension.
  • SBHarkness | | 12 May 2016, 07:58 PM Agree 0
    A perfect example of why we need term limits. I am just amazed that things like this are happening here in the United States. When I married my Asian wife 10.5 years ago we would frequently travel to Manila where graft and corruption like this are just part of everyday life. In fact, the have a name for it "Peso-nality" after the Philippine national currency which is the Peso. If you want the mailman to go in the back to get your mail it will cost you P20.00. Police about 3:30 P.M each day look for the motorist to shake down so the have money to buy dinner. Politicians give contracts to the bidder that will give them the biggest kickback. I told my wife at the time, "something like this could NEVER happen in the USA." She reminds me of it all the time when we hear about things like this. I am sure this has been going on all along. It is the time we the people take back our own Country. We start by electing a President that does not lie whenever their opportunity is convenient. The stolen valor of stating, "If it is too dangerous to send the President then send the 1st lady. then talking about how they made aggressive circular landings and then ran for cover to avoid the sniper fire coming in over their heads. My God, hand me my vomit bucket!
  • Morton B | | 20 May 2016, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    Why does the media print stories that are lies to make honest people look dishonest.
    Trump employee who's mother made an investment with Murdoff and when she died the 2 sons withdrew there Mothers investment 3 years before Murdof was arrested. The goverment ended up passing a law that says if you took your investment out 2 or more years pryor to Murdof arrest would not be subject to return profits. The Son were not involved.
    So to make trump look bad by who Trump hires.
    The Media are the Criminals who post irrelevant and bull shit stories to try and hurt peoples reputation.
    Media only wants to sensational bull shit news. These people should be bared from the Media business for corruption and bad intent.
Post a reply