Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

New York AG: Trump’s real-estate school was ‘straight-up fraud’

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 02 Jun 2016, 03:15 PM Agree 0
Both the New York attorney general and Hillary Clinton slammed Donald Trump over his now-defunct real estate training program, which they said took advantage of its students
  • keith | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:03 PM Agree 1
    Really? Thats the best dirt they can dig up? Hillary is a complete crook who lies, puts national secrets on home server, and lied about much more...
    Shows how screwed up our country is. Donald gets slammed for a failed business attempt, and the press leaves her alone. Sickening. The same judge should take obama to court for his health care scam taking money from americans and enforcing it with IRS?
  • Soonerpepa | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:09 PM Agree 0
    If it was "straight up fraud" why isn't there charges being filed against Trump for the alleged fraud?
  • Brett | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:14 PM Agree 1
    This is so not news worthy, consider the source. Hillary Clinton and Eric Schneiderman two of the most liberal dumbocrats in all of new york. Do you really think thier opinions are unbiased? Do you think these two would EVER say any thing nice about Trump? He could end world hunger and these two idiots would find something to complain about in the way he did it.
  • JW | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:14 PM Agree 0
    Is there anything to the fact that both your two commenting individuals are Dems?
  • | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:15 PM Agree 0
    Trump is also a complete crook and liar. He is no better than Hillary, except she did set up an unlicensed university that was a fraud and took people for thousand of dollars. He knew exactly what he was doing. Trump uses the same line with everyone who disagree with him "there a Trump hater". "Hater" is a line that middle school and high school kids use. He needs to come up with a better line than that.
  • George | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:27 PM Agree 1
    Amazing, what perfect timing for this to come out now, years later in the midst of an election. The Democrats are so desperate, they will try anything.
  • GS | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:39 PM Agree 0
    If they could find one "poor soul" that Trump screwed over, believe me they would be on the news 24/7. We have the same thing here called Lifestyles - and they win awards. It's the same real estate "coaching". I don't like any of it, but it's not fraud.
  • MC | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:55 PM Agree 1
    Best you people can come up with really. Hillary is a murderer but that's ok. My god please get some real news going. Shame on you.
  • Tony Markarian | | 02 Jun 2016, 05:15 PM Agree 0
    Well this is typical, one day you people will realize that everyone who goes to Harvard does not graduate and not all graduates become millionaires. Universities, colleges and private schooling are some of the biggest businesses in the world and they make billions. Trump was not in the business to equal out the competition amongst commercial and residential Realtors, he was in it for the money. The fact that very few attendees may take the information learned and apply it properly so they make money does not mean the school is defunct. Maybe you don't see many Harvard Graduates writing letters telling everyone that Harvard was a rip off because they spent or financed hundreds of thousands to get a degree but now cant get a job that makes enough money to pay back the student mortgages or will never earn enough money to make up for the tuition. So is any school that does not graduate at least 50% of their student body a hoax or Fraud? I think you are looking at over 90% of all colleges... Was the "University" advertised as an undergraduate school, BS, BA or offered a Masters Degree.... I would like to have an honest person investigate and let me know please.

Darn bias news, they report the news after it happened and only if they think it's controversial, they do no investigation, when will they realize we get that information before they do and it's called social media.

Sorry for the rant I just felt compelled!

Tony Markarian
  • NoSpin:JustFacts | | 02 Jun 2016, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    Yes, the timing indicates political motives not seeking justice. Based upon New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's definition of fraud, "...students paid tens of thousands of dollars in exchange for real estate coaching that didn’t live up to the promises made in the sales pitch." The New York Attorney General should be going after the bigger players that have taking in hundred's of millions of dollars from students that did not live up to their promises, i.e., every college and university in the State of New York that had students failing or even completing their program of education that could not get job in their field of study or that did and were not competent enough to perform.

So we shall look at the timing and intent of Attorney General Eric Scheiderman. It appears that it is he who is committing fraud upon the citizens he is suppose to be serving with the highest level of integrity that he took an oath to serve. Now that Eric Scheiderman has been alleged to be practicing politics over justice, there may be some other violations of using public resources. What say you Eric Scheiderman?
  • Seeking the Truth | | 02 Jun 2016, 07:50 PM Agree 0
    Trump is quite to make accusations against others, but slow to reply to questions about his past. Correction. He gives a fast "NO!" He makes an excuse, then changes the subject. He yells at reporters for their due diligence. Trump is angry they seek the truth.

Nixon got away with refusing to answer questions about Watergate, stalling as long as he could to win the election. Is Trump is attempting to use the same tactic? We need full disclosure. Tax returns. Trump University. What else?

Two leaders who support Trump:
    1. Kim Jong-un, the ruthless "supreme leader" of North Korea. Kim Jong-un has people that stand in his way. He has even killed his own relatives!
    2. Putin, the former head of the KGB, the Russian version of Hitler's Gestapo.
    We have heard of no other world leaders who have endorsed Trump. What does this say?
  • KAS | | 02 Jun 2016, 08:05 PM Agree 0
    "...real estate coaching that didn’t live up to the promises made in the sales pitch". The key word is 'coaching'. Coaching can not be certified or licensed, because coaching is a sales pitch in itself. It is like, how do I explain what I am trying to is like you go to a life coach to become a better you and you get all pumped up...but did you really work the program as pitched or just part of it...!

That said, of course Trump University would try to get into the lucrative 'coaching' classes. Usually plays on get rich quick, and plays on the emotions and hype of 'it's 'easy just do what I do'!

Maybe it would be better understood if rather than using the term 'coaching' one used the term 'hyping or mimicking or cloning a mini-me' were substituted!

Trump is a narcissist. He was pretty arrogant to taunt "I will win this case"! AND as usual, he is claiming ''unfair'"..- poor me....Blah, Blah,
    Blah....Boy can he pout! He can not be for the people...HE IS ONLY FOR HIMSELF!!! .

• kas | | 02 Jun 2016, 08:07 PM Agree 0
    Well it has not been hidden - and yes it should come out during the campaign. TRUMP and CLINTON ARE THUMBS DOWN. Both are liars liars, pants on fire....
  • | | 03 Jun 2016, 07:51 PM Agree 0
    You are a straight up douche bag. When trump says he loves the uneducated, he is certainly talking about you smack.
  • persie | | 06 Jun 2016, 07:47 PM Agree 0
    Really? I think it's your skewed extreme Republican ideology that created this monster in the first place. This was far from a "failed" business. It was not a legitimate "university" and the Attorney General hit the nail on the head: straight up fraud. Trying to justify this as a comparison to the Clinton emails is irrelevant. Obama "took money from millions of Americans"??? Where? How? As a single taxpayer, show me where on your tax return it says: contribution to the Affordable Care Act??? Millions of uninsured Americans now have health insurance. That's a bad thing? I suppose you actually think that the outrageous premiums charges by insurance companies while paying medical personnel close to zero is perfectly above board and decent? In my opinion, the president has not gone nearly far enough. This was tame, compared to what should have been done. You've been watching too much FOX hogwash. Get your head out of the sand.
  • | | 13 Jun 2016, 02:48 PM Agree 0
    You guys who efen trump are REALLY ignorant. He is a crook an charges will be against him for it soon. How woul you like it if someone went to your bank, claime to be you an took $40,000 out of your bank account? Hillary is not real goo either but at least she has not gone into peoples bank accounts an stole money from people. "That's all they coul ig up on him?" REALLY? Those is extremely serious charges. This was not starte by Hillary. it was lawsuits starte a few years ago by former stu ents BEFORE the election season. The republicans crucifie Bill Clinton for getting a blow job an you think that was worse than robbing poor people of what little they have? What about all the people working for Trump who he refuse to pay an the companies who went out of business because they were not pai by him? Was that anyone else's fault? What about the 3 bankruptcies he file? Who's fault was that?
Post a reply