Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

New home sales see biggest monthly gain since 1980

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 04 Dec 2013, 09:04 AM Agree 0
Sales of new single-family homes see the biggest month-over-month increase in more than 30 years
  • Michael H | | 04 Dec 2013, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    I am not a believer. Call it whatever you want but numbers are routinely cooked and touchered to produce an outcome. Unless extended thousands of unemployment benefits expire shortly... if that happens the unemployment rate FALLS, as they are no longer in the workforce. At least this number isn't coming just before an election but may lend strength to a tightening of the Fed's QE
  • Ted Harris | | 04 Dec 2013, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Whether it is true or not, I think that positive information helps to boost the economy. If we are being fed negative information all the time then we tend to look on the down side of things. I love to see positive information come out and believe that it can't but help the economy, even if it is just in attitude
  • Michael S | | 04 Dec 2013, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    Home sales remain brisk in Michigan, in the I-96 corridor between Lansing and Detroit. Good, well priced, showable homes are snatched up at full price or slightly above. I just had a home at $299,900.00 that had 18 showings and two offers in the first two days it was on the market. Final sales price $309,900.00!! Inventory is WAY down.
  • Rob F. | | 04 Dec 2013, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    If you break apart the numbers you would be buying treasuries. It's a crock just like the man in the White House.
  • Maureen Biagini | | 05 Dec 2013, 07:54 AM Agree 0
    I don't buy it either...if home sales are up and the news is so great where are the mortgage mortgages??? Ask most brokers and lenders and they will tell you mortgage volume is down in spite of still historically low rates.
Post a reply