Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Nevada used funds for struggling homeowners on parties, cars

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 19 Sep 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
An explosive report found that a Nevada state agency used millions in federal funds – meant to help underwater homeowners – to pay for parties, gift cards, and even legal expenses
  • Griff | | 19 Sep 2016, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    TARP funds were so misused, from those who decided they wanted to be a financial institution so they could get money to those big banks who just needed saving from themselves. No matter the government program there are never adequate oversights to make it seem right.
  • Tom | | 19 Sep 2016, 03:26 PM Agree 0
    After reading this article, it just aggravated me more....I was upside down with my mortgage & I was told by a bank rep that to take advantage of this program, I'd have to let my home of 22 years, fall into foreclosure ? I reluctantly did so and wound up losing my home altogether & finally filing bankruptcy.....I'd love to file a suit against that bank & State to get my home back !!!
  • Steve | | 19 Sep 2016, 06:28 PM Agree 0
    More of the same. When has the government meddling in the housing market ever NOT resulted in this kind of fraud and abuse?
  • Mad as hell | | 20 Sep 2016, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    And will anyone push for criminal prosecutions? Doubtful. Imprisonment seems to be directed only at the lower classes now. The wealthy and powerful aren't subject to punishment.
  • Jean | | 20 Sep 2016, 06:42 PM Agree 0
    Idaho just put money from a settlement in the general fund. Just as crooked.
Post a reply