Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NAIHP president announces Congressional run

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 Jan 2014, 09:51 AM Agree 0
Marc Savitt, the head of the National Association of Independent Housing Professionals, announced today that he's running for Congress
  • Marcus | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    Good luck, but broker compensation/mortgage reform is not going to be a hot button issue in the 2014 election.
  • gary | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    Can't beat em Join EM!! Seriously I hope he can wake them up. Problem is everyone goes in with idealistic values only to realize politics is a very dirty business. Having been a POLI SCI MAJOR and attended military College I am truly speaking from experience.. Our own Congressman a great guy is disgusted and going back to his law practice. Good Luck Marc.
  • Please think... | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Marcus, Mark stated he feels the most important issue is jobs, and he is right. Teach a man to fish instead of arguing about more 'benefits'.

Good luck Mark!
  • Griff | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    I hope he is successful. He has certainly shown commitment to the consumer. Maybe we could replace all of Washington with real people.
  • Ron Drabeck | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:21 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations Marc Savitt! With your leadership, maybe you can talk some sense into the current non-sense in the mortgage business. Housing (mortgages) and the Automobile Industries essentially run the country and we all know the housing industry is broke, please help and fix it. All the big banks finally just admitted mortgage fraud, yes, mortgage fraud, and those are the same banks the President of the United States of America gave billions and billions of dollars too, to 'fix' the problem!?! They were and still are the problem! Let's encourage small business to prosper once again. Congratulations once again.
  • Diego Calderon of EWashington Home Mortgage | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    I've met you and can say that this country needs more individuals like you not soley persuaded by personal or political gain.
    If I lived in your state I'd vote for you.
  • Don Merlo | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    I've Known Marc for almost 20 years. I've not met a more principled man. He fights for what he believes in and is relentless in his pursuit of fairness. I can't think of a better man...or woman...to fill that seat. Good luck Marc!
  • Joe in MN | | 08 Jan 2014, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    Awesome... This would be the one and ONLY person on the hill who has a clue about the mortgage industry!
  • Nancy | | 08 Jan 2014, 11:25 AM Agree 0
    Good Luck Marc. Hope you get somewhere with this. On my end every time a mortgage falls out of QM I will be involving my borrower and the CFPB. The more consumers scream at them the more likely they will listen. Fill their complaint box with consumer complaints.
  • Ben V. in Houston | | 08 Jan 2014, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    Fantastic Marc. You'll do a great job and be an excellent representative for the small guy.
  • Voltaire | | 08 Jan 2014, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    The pen is mightier than the sword...one voice is greater than no voice. Getting elected will be difficult...but if you win...and sit on the Financial Services Committee and talk to FHFA Director Watt...you may become the beacon light so needed in the darkened minds of congress. Hip, hip for a true warrior..take it to'em!!
  • Kathi Y | | 08 Jan 2014, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations, Mark! What an excellent candidate the voters of Virginia will have on the ballot. As an advocate for small business and the Nation's economy in general, our country would do well to have you serve us. Best wishes!
  • JB in Frisco | | 15 Jan 2014, 10:30 PM Agree 0
    Good grief Mark, have you gone mad?! Seriously though, they'd be lucky to have you. Good luck.
  • Yvette Clermont | | 21 Jan 2014, 06:09 AM Agree 0
    Best wishes to you, Mark! Your advocacy of our industry is admirable and I am confident you'll bring a much needed voice. Good luck!
Post a reply