Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NAIHP - Let Your Voice Be Heard!

Notify me of new replies via email
  • Terrence Kelly | | 31 Mar 2010, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    I am proud to be an appraiser member of NAIHP and urge all appraisers to join and let your voice be heard. I did my homework and can assure you Marc Savitt is the kind of person you want on your side. I had the pleasure of speaking with Marc at length and found him to be an articulate and knowledgeable force to represent the broader agenda on Capitol Hill. We need an organization like NAIHP to embrace as Independent Housing Professionals representing many fields, but all interdependent. All of us are looking to dig out of this quagmire and possibly avoid being blind sided in the future. Join now and be pro-active, not just a complainer.
  • Naomi | | 31 Mar 2010, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for the information! I just attended a NAHREP event last week and signed up to be a part of NAREB. Now it's time for NAMB! All these acronyms! LOL
  • Melissa Cloutier | | 13 Apr 2010, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    I'm really concerned that NAIHP is going to confuse Senators and Representatives in Congress regarding the issues important to the real estate industry. I don't know anything about them, where they came from and what they're saying on Capitol Hill. Are they coordinating with the National Association of Realtors, etc. ?
  • John Baker | | 21 Apr 2010, 11:33 AM Agree 0
    What about the rumors that Marc Savitt is lobbying on behalf of real estate agents, homebuilders, etc. without a lobby registration and without the permission of those groups?
  • Marc Savitt | | 21 Apr 2010, 08:21 PM Agree 0
    Melissa: How would we confuse Senators and Representatives on real estate issues? If you don't know anything about NAIHP, I'd be glad to educate you. Send me your email address.
  • Marc Savitt | | 21 Apr 2010, 08:52 PM Agree 0
    John, or whatever your real name is, your comments are totally without merit. NAIHP is comprised of grass root volunteers, who meet with their elected representatives on issues germane to their respective businesses, IE: Home Loans, Appraisals, etc. Since when do you need permission of any trade organization to contact your Senator or Congressman, about issues concerning your business? It's clear who you really are and what you're up to. In fact, I have received calls from staffers on Capitol Hill, who have informed me of your games. NAIHP has been very affective on issues and this apparently threatens you and your competing organization.
    Be advised, your campaign against us is backfiring on you!
  • Marc Savitt | | 22 Apr 2010, 08:31 AM Agree 0
    Yesterday, "John Baker" made several remarks about NAIHP. Every claim is false. NAIHP is fully compliant. Moreover, "John Baker" is not this persons real name. Using a false name is a clear indication of this persons charactor, or lack there of.
    On Twitter he wrote:
    "I'm hearing that Marc Savitt, the founder of the so called National Association of Independent Housing Professionals (NAIHP), is attempting to strong arm Members of Congress on both sides of the Capitol without a legal lobby registration. Members of the National Association of Realtors, Homebuilders and other prominent professional associations are being undercut by his tactics. With major financial reform legislation on the table, this is not the time to have a renegade and unregistered lobbyist stalking Banking Committee members and claiming to represent the entire real estate profession." These are outragous claims that could only be made by someone hiding behind a false name and who has something to lose from NAIHP's success. "Mr. Baker appears to be an industry advocate based on his statements. I challenge him to identify himself and provide his contact information. NAIHP is fighting hard to nullify HVCC. I believe "Mr. Baker" is making these false claims, because he stands to PROFIT from HVCC and the harm it causes for consumers and industry.
  • John Baker | | 23 Apr 2010, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    All I have asked, is whether or not NAIHP and Marc Savitt are lobbying on behalf of the real estate profession, as the website says, and if so, are they registered to lobby. Yes, anyone can meet with their elected officials as constituents. I believe, though, that if you're lobbying you have to register. So, again, is the NAIHP lobbying? Is Marc Savitt lobbying? If the answer is yes, then it would be a very simple answer. Is there a way for a non-lobbyist to see who is and isn't registered? I'll ask on my own blog too.

If NAIHP is strictly a grassroots organization, then I'm assuming you're not "lobbying" which it seems to me involves direct communications with members of Congress and their staff.

Maybe there is an exemption for really small organizations like the NAIHP? I don't know.

From the NAIHP website..."Comprised of all housing industry professionals, NAIHP is strictly a legislative and regulatory organization, leaving education and other such issues to trade associations with individual interests. Low membership dues ($50 a year per person), will enable NAIHP to grow into one of the largest grassroots organizations, without creating a financial burden on its membership.

As most legislative and regulatory actions affect the entire housing industry, NAIHP was created to advocate on behalf of all small business housing professionals."
  • Marc Savitt | | 23 Apr 2010, 09:08 PM Agree 0
    Why is it you refuse to disclose your real name and the industry trade association you work for? Your questions have been answered 3 times! I'm sorry that it's not what you want to hear. We're operating legally and are fully compliant. Everyone sees you for what you are, a joke!
  • John Baker | | 24 Apr 2010, 09:36 PM Agree 0
    Marc Savitt, are you registered to lobby? Are you coordinating with the National Association of Realtors? And the Homebuilders? What policies are you pushing? Is the NAIHP just too small to have to legally register? You're not denying that you're lobbying are you? Are you registered?
  • Pete | | 27 Apr 2010, 06:53 PM Agree 0
    Marc, thanks for all you do! Just being a bunch of individuals working towards common goals is really having an impact. Being able to have a diverse group coming together for a common goal really has an impact in Washington. The trip was fun and having each of us do our own part as individuals let us cover a lot of ground. Thanks for putting NAIHP together so that we can all have a say and not just rely on the leadership to do our work for us!
  • Marc Savitt | | 28 Apr 2010, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    Thanks Pete. NAIHP was formed as grass roots for small business housing professionals and it's working. The fact we have an imposter trying to paint us in a bad light, is confirmation of our early success.
Post a reply