Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mortgage insurer ruling ups the ante for Trump in university case

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 09 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A decision by New York’s highest court against the ex-head of a mortgage insurance giant could have far-reaching ramifications for the GOP’s high-profile nominee
  • Rick Cyngier | | 09 Jun 2016, 12:43 PM Agree 0
    2 bad this same AG is not investigating why Bill Clinton received 16 million in Honorary Trustee fees from Laureate Inc and Walden University for their sham of a university that has many of the countries they do business with them claiming fraud against those who signed on as students of this for profit university.
  • The (other) Don | | 26 Jun 2016, 08:57 PM Agree 0
    Rick, it's not a sham. Trump's folks have been doing their best to level a false equivalency argument that they can't make stick. Laureate runs educational programs at more than 80 different institutions, including graduate programs for the University of Liverpool where I am currently enrolled in a post-graduate data analytics program (the School is ranked the top 1% Globally). I also attended Walden's doctoral program and at least within the business administration doctoral track, most of the students are current managers, directors, and C-level employees seeking to add a professional doctorate to their credentials. The program is fully accredited, and most of the graduates tend to do fairly well (largely because they are already employed and hold substantive expertise in their fields of study). By example, I entered the program with 20 years as a manager and consultant in the legal technology field, much of that time working for large, international law firms. - The field is beginning to see an influx of PhDs as machine learning and AI grow in popularity, so many of us continue our education well into to our professional careers just so we remain competitive. The four students who originally filed suit, and then dismissed their case, were shown in court documents to have not met the academic standards of the program. Nothing super earth shattering there.
Post a reply