Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mortgage fraudster has lenience plea rejected

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 11 Sep 2013, 07:18 AM Agree 0
The Oregon judge who handed down a tough sentence to a mortgage broker last week has skewered another participant in a mortgage fraud scheme
  • JPS | | 11 Sep 2013, 09:27 AM Agree 0
    Wow-hard to imagine someone in her position being so reckless with her life. The CPA's I've worked with were some of the most conservative and careful people and certainly would not have engaged in such dangerous activities to risk license, jail etc...
  • estaban montoya | | 11 Sep 2013, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Good work Judge! Destroying families is hard work but you seem pretty good at it. No Broker ever defrauded a bank. The banks promoted and encouraged fraud from the bottom up. They not only turned a blind eye to potential fraud their Rep's would design a package that would be approved. Average people have a hard time turning down easy money, especially when the lender says it's o.k.
  • KK | | 11 Sep 2013, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    She knew what she got into it when she signed the dotted line. $260,000 for 21 months prison is too lenience. Average hard working American make about $40,000 per year. $260,000 divide $40,000 should be four and half years prison minimum. The more you cheat, the more prison term.
  • JB | | 11 Sep 2013, 10:25 AM Agree 0
    Good job judge... now go after the government workers at Fannie and Freddie that created this government mess.
  • gheinecke | | 11 Sep 2013, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Now they just need to follow up with the lenders that claim they are innocent. Fraud is fraud!!
  • Mr T | | 11 Sep 2013, 01:24 PM Agree 0
    Good job your honor. Just a thought though, would it not make more sense to have her work and repay the $260,000. Especially when the tax payers now have to pay for her keep in prison. Now that we are looking for justice, we should look at the real crooks. The CEO's and Officers of the stock held corporations of the lending companies and all the other corporations for that matter, that personally arrange their own salary to be in the range of millions of dollars (with a bonus to boot). Or is that legal?

• Bob Gillespie | | 11 Sep 2013, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    FIRST: KK ..... I hope your not in the mortgage biz. Your math skills are a bit lacking. My Grandson could figure out the proper sentence would be 6 1/2 years. That said, your conclusion is correct. She didn't coach a borrower; She used straw borrowers for her personal benefit and forged documents. Having children at home is not justification for being able to get away with committing Federal felonies.
  • RJM | | 18 Sep 2013, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    Excellent, though I feel for her daughter and hope she has family to take care of her. How reckless and how deserving of jail time: a CPA too to boot!!! Greed and no regard for herself or her daughter. If I disagree at all it is that sentence might be a bit light.
Post a reply