Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Morning Briefing: San Francisco among most searched city but residents want to leave

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 Sep 2016, 07:26 AM Agree 0
San Francisco among most searched city but residents want to leave… Trump’s childhood home to be auctioned… Best housing markets for families revealed…
  • | | 12 Sep 2016, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    Austin Texas is arguably the fastest growing city in the country, supported by high tech growth, new jobs, and more than 100 people PER DAY moving into the area. Available inventory of homes is less than 2.5 months of inventory. I don't think these numbers support a conclusion that Austin Texas is a place where people are wanting to move out of the area. On the other hand, there is always a migration around Austin from city life to suburban life. The difference in Austin may be going from a 25 min commute to downtown to a 40-50 min commute to downtown. But unlike many cities on the West Coast, jobs in Austin are not centralized in one area. High Tech Jobs in particular in Austin extend from down south, to the West side to the northern corridor and almost to the edge of Cedar Park (suburban Austin, Round Rock MSA). And Round Rock is home to both Dell Computers Corp and Sears Holdings, corp national call center, so many jobs flow into and out of Round Rock as a result of the ebb and flow of high tech, but I would not say, people in Austin are looking at leaving the Austin area. I think that is a mis-characterization of data.
Post a reply