Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lessons from the Wolf of Wall Street

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 13 Feb 2014, 10:50 AM Agree 0
Putting aside the more outlandish aspects of his life, Jordan Belfort successfully developed and implemented a sales technique for his business to build one of the fastest growing brokerage firms in Wall Street history
  • John | | 13 Feb 2014, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    I have a good technique: Return you phone calls, e-mails and text - simple
  • Peter F | | 13 Feb 2014, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    I actually had these guys call me regularly. It wasn't so much a sales technique as it was lies and intimidation. The core of it was persistence and attempts to lure you in by using a series of small steps of agreement. Once you agreed to open an account and sent them even a small amount of money you were a goner. The guy I talked to would never hang up the phone first. So I would say, "Fred, I know you're not allowed to hang up first, so I'm hanging up on you, goodbye. He was relying on the fact that most people are too polite to hang up the phone.

I'm not sure this "technique" really has any application in honest business.
  • Ed | | 13 Feb 2014, 12:49 PM Agree 0
    Let's stop glorifying criminals in what is supposed to be a legitimate industry focused publication. 2 many good honest people out there that do the right things to be giving a pat on the back to yet another financial fraud. And stop using terms like "deal can go pear-shaped". Its the most ridiculous phrase I've heard in a long time.
  • scott | | 13 Feb 2014, 04:08 PM Agree 0
    After seeing America celebrate at stealing in the movies wolf of wall street and American hustle I am afraid of the future. I have considered this publication professional until this garbage was posted. Might as well be on the yahoo news page
Post a reply