Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Kaine: Clinton administration would invest ‘tens of billions’ in fair housing

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 15 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine says that Hillary Clinton plans to make housing inequality a priority if elected
  • Joe Wehage / Foundation Mortgage | | 15 Aug 2016, 11:20 AM Agree 0
    More attempts to "buy" votes from a segment of the population. Is this more of the same issue that caused the housing bubble of 2008? Good credit and a decent income is what is needed to buy a home. Candidates should FOCUS on JOBS and most of the other issues will resolve themselves. The government should otherwise "Get out of the way!".
  • | | 15 Aug 2016, 11:53 AM Agree 0
    Down Payment Assistance for first time homebuyers will allow many hard working families to get into homeownership. Why is getting more families into homes alarming to the Real Estate Industry? Also I don't understand the author's connection between Kaine's plan to fight inequality in housing to billions ? for Down Payment assistance -- Realistically It's doubtful Congress would ever make that kind of appropriation despite what the Vice President would like to happen.
  • RK in TX | | 15 Aug 2016, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    Politicians never learn from the history of the past. There is a difference between creating affordable housing opportunities and outright giving people money for down payments who cant afford a home and the cost to maintain that home. the results were clear in 2008-2009 when the housing bubble burst.
    What is happening here is clear. Clinton will say anything to get elected even if it will never happen. I'm not shocked to see that Clinton has now stolen Trumps rhetoric on levying a exit tax on companies who will leave the US. Where does all this madness end ??? When can we get candidates who wont lie and cheat their constituents at every turn.
  • Ryan Smith | | 15 Aug 2016, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    To clarify -- the connection to "billions" in down payment assistance is not mine. It's what Kaine proposed in his editorial.
  • D'Shawn Lancey | | 15 Aug 2016, 02:23 PM Agree 0
    She already has the people of color vote locked up, not sure why she has Kaine pandering to the same group. He should be promising the Dow will hit 30,000 to get the rest of the voters.
  • Chris | | 15 Aug 2016, 05:02 PM Agree 0
    Courses in financial responsibility should be taught in High School. 2 many want money for nothing and the chicks for free.
Post a reply