Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Judge throws out suit over Fannie, Freddie profits

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 01 Oct 2014, 11:30 AM Agree 0
A lawsuit that sought to prevent the government from taking profits from Fannie and Freddie has been dismissed
  • Dan | | 01 Oct 2014, 11:40 AM Agree 0
    Makes one wonder if the law was written that way allow the confiscation of profits by our leaders - therefore the court has to rule they way it did. Don't you think the ruling should have been the other way around, since the law is not clear! Just saying.....
  • | | 01 Oct 2014, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    I thought that the ruling stated that the law IS clear. And I 'd like to know more about where the profits will be used. Going to do some research here.
  • Jim | | 01 Oct 2014, 02:52 PM Agree 0
    If the judge says the law is unambiguous, he means it is clear. If Congress passed a law to take the profits, then the judge is saying Congress can pass a law to take the profits. I truly wish this could be shown as unconstitutional. This is the type of Judge that believes the Constitution is "a living a breathing document," so Congress can do anything, or is it that since Congress chartered the GSE's, they can do what they want with them?

It seems like an infringement of us private stock holders. I guess they can say you would have no stock value at all if the government did not step in to save them. We private stock holders lost our ownership rights at that point?
  • SBHarkness | | 08 Oct 2014, 06:14 PM Agree 1
    We need to take back our Government. The Constitution was not meant to be a "living breathing document." What should of happened is the profits been used to pay the private shareholders. Government works best when it is kept as possible small as it can be made and still provide basic services to the American people.
Post a reply