Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Judge shocks fraudsters at sentencing

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 Nov 2015, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Is this the softest sentence dished out to mortgage fraudsters?
  • Mockery of the justice system. | | 12 Nov 2015, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    This is a total disgrace. Who paid who off? This judge should be thrown off the bench. He opens the doors for more of the same.
  • Lou | | 12 Nov 2015, 01:11 PM Agree 0
    What a disgrace. Between sentences like this and legislating from the bench, Liberal judges are destroying America
  • Aaron | | 12 Nov 2015, 01:23 PM Agree 0
    That opens the door for an appeal from the three individuals he sentenced to jail time in the previous case. An appeal that would no doubt be successful unless there are extenuating circumstances not covered here.
  • Carl | | 12 Nov 2015, 01:54 PM Agree 0
    It sounds to me like someone got paid off, that makes the most sense.
  • Bigmoish | | 12 Nov 2015, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    Well... It does seem that the judge exercised some leniency due to the fact that they were one time offenders. the other case seems to have had many repeated cases. you don't accumulated $16 million from one transaction.
  • Nick Papa | | 12 Nov 2015, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    Pretty wise judge. Until they sentence a few thousand Bankers (or even charge some for that matter) stop letting these prosecutors pad their stats by attacking the little guy.
  • Randy from ATL | | 12 Nov 2015, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    The saddest thing is, those that destroyed our economy with fraudulent mortgages worth Trillions won't even get sentenced to what these folks are... The CEO of Wells Fargo, BOA, Big Hedge Fund managers, etc.. all stole trillions from us all via fraudulent bond ratings (coerced the rating companies that if they wanted more business they needed to rate B paper as A paper to get their big margins) and they got bonuses, not jail time.
  • | | 12 Nov 2015, 04:29 PM Agree 0
    wow some undue influence hit the judge, private investigations should start
  • KAS | | 12 Nov 2015, 05:27 PM Agree 0
    Obviously there is something that is not being told to the readers regarding more in-depth information.
    Whatever the situation/scenariou, I doubt the Judge would risk his reputation, based on my limited information, I defer to his judgement as he is the judge.
  • Will | | 12 Nov 2015, 06:29 PM Agree 0
    These Russians must have bribed the judge.
  • Joshua Stevens | | 13 Nov 2015, 12:32 AM Agree 0
    How do you fall into disclosure?
  • Indystar1 | | 14 Nov 2015, 08:34 AM Agree 0
    I wholeheartedly agree. The sentence disparity is painfully obvious.
  • Robbed | | 16 Nov 2015, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    I would agree that the judge got paid off. As a victim that lost $4m in equity when I fought my bank and lost, the judge wasn't listening, he was staring out the window picking his nose. It was a the worst trial ever, my two lawyers got a slap on the wrist for not doing discovery and he set the pace for other local judges to do the same, stealing massive amounts of development land and entering it into a closed corp. LLC post sheriff's sale, a type of LLC that shareholders do not have to be disclosed. Now the bankers, judges, and municipal employees are in the development business. Commercial mortgages are unregulated in most states and they can do whatever the hell they want even without a missed payment! The judges need to go to prison!
  • | | 24 Nov 2015, 11:43 AM Agree 0
    Talking about payoffs, how many people were and still being paid off for allowing crooked banksters to go free after almost destroying the economic system of America. How many convictions have we heard about? If none of them are going to jail for causing a trillion dollar debacle, why should anyone be going to jail for a few million? We need one standard.
Post a reply