Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

It's your move Fannie, Freddie

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 09 Jan 2015, 08:53 AM Agree 0
The FHA’s plan to lower annual mortgage insurance premiums could steer business away from the GSEs. Will Fannie, Freddie make adjustments to their guarantee fees and mortgage level pricing?
  • | | 09 Jan 2015, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    No it wont because freddie and fannie know their MI is not for LIFE. Like the idiots at FHA think is ok to do to a borrower.
  • MyaC | | 09 Jan 2015, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    Agreed, government involvement isn’t a good thing. It’s not the mortgage programs it’s the economy. The simple fact is people can’t afford homes. We need wage growth and stable, more high-paying jobs.
  • Jacob | | 09 Jan 2015, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    FHA lowering its monthly mortgage insurance premium will help lots of home owners refinance and new buyers have lower payments. I current have a buyer in process of purchasing home for $240,000 and with lower MI, that will reduce their monthly payment by $96 a month. All these borrowers who can refinance to lower payment and new buyers who will get lower payment on their purchase I am sure are thankful for President Obama taking action to lower mortgage insurance. I agree it should not be for the life of the mortgage but this is at least a step in the right direction.
Post a reply