Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

IT/BPO outsourcing trend continues to gain momentum

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 14 Jun 2013, 03:56 AM Agree 0
Indian IT and business process outsourcing companies are expected to double their revenues from mortgage process outsourcing to $316 million this year.
  • Mary | | 16 Jun 2013, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    I as a consumer would be very concerned people in other countries, out of the US Jurisdicition to have access to my most private information, ie our social security number, income, assets, and all the details about the nature of my business. Another concern is how many more jobs can the US workforce loose to foreign workforce before totally desintegrating our cherished way of life? We are in a depression, yet our Bankers want more profit. Where is the Consumer Protection Bureau on this.
  • michael bian | | 04 Sep 2013, 10:21 PM Agree 0
    I want to start a dialog with some BPO companies about my requirement.
  • Hector Desai | | 16 Sep 2013, 05:30 AM Agree 0
    Hi Michael, It would be great to get an opportunity to offer our end-to-end services to you. Please advise me a good time and number to contact you on my email and we can take this discussion further.
  • Hector Desai | | 16 Sep 2013, 05:53 AM Agree 0
    Hi Mary, I think your concerns are totally legitimate and I share the same concerns. This is exactly what the author is trying to point out that the companies need to be very careful before partnering with outsourcing companies. You can not deny the fact that in today's world outsourcing plays a crucial part in making a company competitive so it can concentrate on it's core business and stay profitable. However this does not mean the company should not do its due diligence because if someone wants to steal information then it can happen even on American soil. So the key is the right partner and a strong strategy on outsourcing. A lot of our clients prefer 100% onshore and that's exactly what they get and some who prefer offshore but with strict guidelines have their customers documents & information stored in data centers in US with selective access to offshore partners who can not misuse the information. For ex: - one would have your CC number but not the expiry date and a third person would deal with your name so even if all three are sitting together they would not be able to figure out the information is of the same person. I think CFPB and other agencies have done a great job in the last few years to bring accountability in the process and its no longer an option to be complainant. Still if you have any questions then I will be happy to answer them.
Post a reply