Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Insider Q&A: KB Home CEO Jeffrey Mezger on housing market

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 26 Jan 2016, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Jeffrey Mezger, president and CEO of Los Angeles-based homebuilder KB Home, weighs in on the state of the housing market overall
  • AustinRealEstateSecrets.com | | 26 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    Personally, I believe KB is a little stuck in its ways and projecting its own struggles on the broader market. I find that builder exec's all feel as though they know the market better than anyone, that they are getting inside information from competitors and everyone is having the same struggles, but I don't think that is really the case. I think KB hires good sales people and depends on them to hold the line for the corporation--regardless. But I don't think this perspective is indicative of the bigger market, and I don't think builders in places like Austin, Texas would agree with this analysis of the market or approach. Harsh words, I know. But I think KB and some of the other "largest builders" are locked behind closed doors a little too much and only seeing the world from inside their own corporate offices and their own numbers. tt
Post a reply