Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 07 Feb 2010, 10:43 AM Agree 0
If you have been reading my blogs, you probably know that I am against HVCC (Home Valuation Code of Conduct)
  • Amanda Rivera | | 10 Feb 2010, 09:00 AM Agree 0
    Wells Fargo wants only licensed or certified appraisers to sign up right away to do appraisals in 2 days for $55... I can't make this stuff up, folks - here's the link
  • Lamarr Banks | | 10 Feb 2010, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reading my blog and responding! After reading the link you provided, it is very apparent that things are not moving in the right direction! The real state market really needs to be brought back to normal. Buying, selling, or refinancing real property is a big investment. But it is not a big investment just for the banks, it is for everyone in the process. Allowing appraisers to work independently keeps all parties in check. Forcing appraisers to work for $55.00 dollars is controlling the marketplace. And don't forget, The amc will charge the appraiser to use them, then the $55.00 can be much less.
Post a reply