Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How did you observe International Women's Day?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 Mar 2017, 04:29 PM Agree 0
Did your company observe International Women's Day? MPA wants your stories!
  • | | 08 Mar 2017, 05:37 PM Agree 0
    We love women, we love all women…….but……………………..we don't recognize any organization that purports to represent all women as is do most special interest, extremist organizations that command major media attention.
    Sorry, but we do not comply with the agenda of some divisive demonstrations!
  • Karen | | 08 Mar 2017, 06:32 PM Agree 0
    I observed by being a good example to others. I do not approve of demonstrations that drive a hype. I am a woman. My goal is making a difference in someone life today or be a support to someone today and or else being the best version of myself . I believe in equal pay for equal work for all workers; but the women's movement embodies a lot of issues that has nothing to do with equal pay for equal work.

Recently I read a rather long statement from a Sacramento gathering of demonstrator s containing a gathering ; when I got to the bottom of the statement, the writer showed her true colors of hating the white man....and using vulgar language.

No I do like anything driven by hate and disrespect; nor do I like the appearance of demonstrating for equal pay for equal workfor all genders when it's purpose subtly embodies lifestyles choices, abortions and more, thus giving or making the assumptions that all women are in agreement.

If you must demonstration, choose your complaint (one at a time ) and join that specific demonstration rather than sneaking your agenda in under equal pay for equal work.

My father told me when I had accepted a job to clean our neighbor's kitchen for $2.00 and I was complaining I should have gotten paid more - ''If you accept a job for a certain pay, then you work without complaining, and you do your very best work! If later you do not like your pay, go to your employer and discuss the issue, or quit and find another job."

I suggest that other women follow his advice.

You do not get through life with free handouts; but you can give a ' helping hand' to another and set a good example.

Post a reply