Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

House to investigate allegations of racism at CFPB

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 28 Mar 2014, 10:33 AM Agree 0
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is under congressional investigation after recent reports of discrimination and retaliation within the agency
  • Cary Michael | | 28 Mar 2014, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Well, well, well who would have thought!
  • LARRY Moss | | 28 Mar 2014, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    When left unregulated we should expect this an other improprieties to occur. Were you expecting anything different?
  • Larry S. | | 28 Mar 2014, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    If they can't do the proper housekeeping in their own home; how can this watchdog agency keep the consumers home clean? Once again, Capital Hill at it's finest.
  • Mark | | 28 Mar 2014, 12:43 PM Agree 0
    Maybe you are not that good and don't deserve to be "granted raises and issued bonuses". Not a CFPB fan but let the facts come out before you judge.
  • Debbie Logan | | 28 Mar 2014, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Sad but true. In this day and age, you would think the Good Ole Boy club could smell their extinction and finally grow up and stop being the bully on the block.
  • 2Bsquare | | 28 Mar 2014, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    This came out last month. Where is the EEOC or DOL?

I hope they haul in the CFPB investigator and the Head of Human Resources. Imagine the whistleblowers compensation if they get 10% of the CFPB budget.
  • Bill | | 28 Mar 2014, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    You just can't make this stuff up! And the fact that they can thumb their nose at congress aught to get everyone's blood boiling. But, it'll just be more teflon.
  • Evelyn Santiago | | 28 Mar 2014, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    Where's there's smoke there's fire is an old expression but very true. As a past corporate employee who worked in predominately male environments "hostile" work envirnoments were the norm in the 80's and 90's. Laws can be passed but hard to change perceptions of those in power until it starts hitting closer to home - wife's, daughter's etc. Government agencies are not immuned(sp) from this just because they are "in charge" of a specific area of our lives. Will be interesting how this is handled by the "good ole boys" that hate to give up a couple of centuries of being on top....
  • Steve | | 28 Mar 2014, 05:49 PM Agree 0
    Being a banker this does not surprise me. I deal with the idiotic regulations that these dip sticks write every day.
  • Mark | | 31 Mar 2014, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    Let me see if I get this straight. There is all of one person testifying that this happend. Hardly a pattern for an agency that has only been in exsitence for 2.5 years. This sub-committee has had it out for the CFPB since day one. More politically motivated hearings. What a waste of taxpayers money.
  • Loan Guy | | 31 Mar 2014, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    Wait, the House GOP is after the CFPB? Really? That's a stunner. Most of America has no idea how much the CFPB does to protect them against corporate greed, and the GOP is on the side of the corporations. They will do whatever they can to keep Cordray in hearings rather than doing his job. Media that treats these like actual news stories rather than the political vendetta they are are part of the problem, and citizens who think "where there's smoke, there's fire" are the other.
  • CmplyGuy | | 31 Mar 2014, 08:40 PM Agree 0
    Loan Guy, do you really believe having a bureau beyond oversight and with their own budget so there is zero check or balance is a good idea?

You criticized others for showing a concern that you do not share and attacked their intellect, but offered no fact offsetting their concern.

The CFPB or any other agency, filled with blind allegiance minions and thought control police wanna bes like you, are EXACTLY why some have expressed reasonable concern over the lack of transparency within this agency and our government at large.

As far as your mention and attack of a single party . . . I hear different rhetoric from each party, but have seen zero difference in governing.

My advice is throw is to impose "term limits" on all incumbents by voting them out of office.

Of course, if we replace those bums with jack-booted thought police similar to Loan Guy, not sure we accomplish anything positive.
  • Evelyn Santiago | | 31 Mar 2014, 11:01 PM Agree 0
    CmplyGuy - Thanks for your rebuttal regarding Loan Guy's comment that was directed at me. I actually am on the side of the CFPB and think they serve a needed service but just because I like them does not mean that they should be allowed to carry on with any action that is not above board. I am an independent with more leanings towards Democrats and voted for our current President as a lesser of two evils. Luckily I can still voice my opinion and consider free speech one of our greatest rights. I am at that age that what people may think of me means very little and am able to respect other people's opinions even though they may like to put anyone that does not agree with their opinion as "idiots", uninformed or whatever the current code word may be. If we didn't have whistleblowers or other people willing to take a chance life really would be a sad journey! It takes courage to call out those that have power over you in an employment situation whether in a corporate environment or govenment position. But it only takes one person to do that! Thanks for CmplyGuy for taking the time to voice his comment.
  • Ralph Milgiozzi | | 01 Apr 2014, 12:51 PM Agree 0
    the funny thing is that this office is pretty much by presidential appointment. So how racists got hired is a bit of a Cordray, excuse me quandary.
  • CmplyGuy | | 03 Apr 2014, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    Oh, and Ralph . . . look at the President. Every 3rd word is about race. I thought his election would finally change that for the most part.

The opposite has happened as EVERY situation is now further inflamed by race, sex or religion divide.

My vote was wasted. The only change I saw was for the worst and the transparency in government and energy independence stance pre-election was a total and absolute lie.
  • Cary Michael | | 03 Apr 2014, 12:21 PM Agree 0

Hats off to you, takes a lot courage to admit your mistake.

Unfortunatlely most don't have the cajones to say so, like lemmings to the sea they just blindly follow the fool.
Post a reply