Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

House Republicans move to repeal Dodd-Frank

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 22 Jul 2014, 08:08 AM Agree 0
The Dodd-Frank Act, meant to rein in corporate excesses, has been a failure, according to the House Financial Services Committee
  • Griff | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    This might be the only intelligent thing a Republican and especially Hensarling has said in the last few years. I'm pulling for them on this one.

• | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    oh no - tell me it isnt so
  • Arkansas Appraiser | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    Thank God someone finally got some sense.
  • Kevin | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    I was hoping they were trying to repeal the entire act so the mortgage industry could get back on track and end the housing crisis once and for all!
  • Rick | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    Look out, maybe common sense is making a come back!
  • C&D | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    Dont get your lips wet yet! They will not touch the compensation rules, I would be very surprised if so. For the record, Dodd Frank, DID INDEED "enshrine" too big to fail. Iam backing them up!
  • Concerned Citizen | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    Griff you are part of the problem with your post "This might be the only intelligent thing a Republican and especially Hensarling has said in the last few years. I'm pulling for them on this one."

in case you have forgotten go ahead & youtube http://youtu.be/IyqYY72PeRM

get real man
  • Drew Fattori | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Perfparjer | | 22 Jul 2014, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    The next step is to re-instate the Glass - Steagall Act to rid ourselves of mortgage backed securities, and then return our currency to a "gold standard".
  • G Heinecke | | 22 Jul 2014, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    Now maybe someone could prove the CFPB is a runaway thief with no one to answer to. Surprise-- this isn't what OBAMA said it would be. I still think someone should start impeachment for failure to protect our borders. NAH let's just pay for everyone else's medical, schooling and food while they find a way to limit what broker's make.
  • Daniel M. White | | 22 Jul 2014, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    This is exactly what's required to be done post haste because the Dodd-Frank act is a complete failure. It is government heavy-handed control that causes far more problems then it cures. The government wants to think for us and believes that they can make better decisions for us than we can. Big brother elitists thinking that they know what's best for us. Please get out of our lives and our pockets with far less government control. Let the free market be free without government interference....
  • Cheryl M | | 22 Jul 2014, 11:23 AM Agree 0
    Not so fast, just cause Hensarling said "One" thing that's made sense doesn't mean he's always been there. Just heard Elizabeth Warren might put her name in the 2016 Presidential run too she's a Dodd Frank lover...fun is yet to come. Hopefully, Hensarling can stay on his roll.
  • MG | | 22 Jul 2014, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    I must agree, one of the smartest things a Republican has stated or had intentions to work toward in some time. Usually everything gets tied up in a big argument with no concession or accomplishment. Dodd-Frank is too regulated....to the point of giving smaller financial entities a difficult time in helping the American people with their financial service needs.
  • Jim C. | | 22 Jul 2014, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    Unfortunately this will be another bill going no where. How is this going to pass the Senate and get a presidential autograph? I do believe the republicans will control both houses after the mid term but will not have the votes to override a veto The only way Dodd Frank will get modified or repealed will be if the republicans can win the white house in 2016.
  • | | 22 Jul 2014, 02:43 PM Agree 0
    DF was like taking a chain saw to a problem, you don't cut the base out.
  • L Cathey | | 23 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    Maybe Frank Dodd didn't fix the to big to fail issue but it sure hurt a lot of small business people in the field.
  • Dan | | 30 Jul 2014, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    It's called to small WILL fail!
Post a reply