Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

House committee votes to bring CFPB budget under congressional control

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 15 Apr 2016, 06:30 AM Agree 0
The House Financial Services Committee has approved a bill that would make the CFPB’s budget subject to the approval of Congress
  • Susan | | 15 Apr 2016, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    I agree, the CFPB does need to be accountable.
    I'm a small business owner that pays like a large corporation. I think we also need to have CFPB adjust the fees according to the entity.
    I'm drouning in fees every year with the NMLS which NMLS states there set per the CFPB. No one knows where all these fees go. I don't feel like paying for someone to go on vacation on my dime...
  • Griff | | 15 Apr 2016, 07:35 PM Agree 0
    Just another bill that will go nowhere. The Repubs have had the house and senate for a while now and yet no real bills coming out of there that are of any benefit. They love to whine but they have no teeth in anything they do. Besides won't the cfpb get all their money from the banks they sue eventually?
  • AL | | 16 Apr 2016, 12:39 AM Agree 0
    IF THE BOSS CORDRAY ASKED FOR $ 485 MILLION , CUT IT TO $ 48.5 MILLION & GIVE THE BALANCE TO THE MILITARY & BORDER PATROL . IT'S ABOUT TIME THE GOP WOKE UP. LET THE CFPB EARN THEIR KEEP BY CUT'G STAFF & GET RID OF THOSE $ 100K / YR FREELOADERS.
Post a reply