Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

House bill would curb CFPB authority, replace Cordray

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 02 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A House appropriations bill contains provisions that would limit the authority of the CFPB and replace its director with a five-member board
  • Mike Waling | | 02 Jun 2016, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    FINALLY! But does anyone really feel this will actually make it?
  • Maureen | | 02 Jun 2016, 01:06 PM Agree 0
    I agree, FINALLY! But unfortunately I don't think it will happen.
  • Darren | | 02 Jun 2016, 03:58 PM Agree 0
    It's going to happen. This is simple oversight. The country is tired of all this reckless spending. The Cfpb average salary is probably around 150k per worker. Taxpayers need financial protection from these Morons!
  • Griff | | 02 Jun 2016, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    Why? It is still the cfpb. Five members or one. Just gives Congress 5 members to pay off for what they want.
  • | | 02 Jun 2016, 08:20 PM Agree 0
    Amen!!
  • sbharkness | | 03 Jun 2016, 02:20 PM Agree 0
    Anything to weaken the CFPB and yes it will happen if we get a Republican President that will sign the Bill into law. If Hillary is elected she will further the powers of this rogue agency. Truth be told we need to get rid of the CFPB and replace it with something similar to the Glass-Steagal act that served the country well from 1933 until the other Clinton killed it during his term as President.
Post a reply