Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hensarling reveals details of plan to replace Dodd-Frank

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The chairman of the House Financial Services Committee unveils the details of a Republican plan to replace the controversial Dodd-Frank Act
  • Griff | | 08 Jun 2016, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    Why not provide relief to all small entities? As a small mortgage broker the deck is constantly stacked against myself and consumers with the limits imposed on fees, fees which include title, lender, appraisal, etc. In ability to charge less or more. Not to mention the rigged appraisal system. Relief to credit unions and savings and mortgages is already in place. I've seen a credit union take funds from a borrower's account for an appraisal before any documents have been and without permission to do so. I've seen banks talk to the appraiser, the appraiser talking to the buyer and seller. I know of savings and mortgages who change mortgage amounts and close the next day. Yep, Hensarling, they sure need a break.
  • GS | | 08 Jun 2016, 01:53 PM Agree 0
    I don't think DC can even see little brokers like us. From what I just read this doesn't change my business life one bit.
Post a reply