Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hensarling calls on CFPB to end closed-door meetings

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 20 Mar 2014, 07:54 AM Agree 0
The head of the House Financial Services Committee is calling on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to end the closed-door meeting policy for the agency’s four advisory councils
  • Tk | | 20 Mar 2014, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    HA! Asking for open meetings?! Fool. Congress made this mess, it's time they fixed it.
  • Jim P, CMB | | 20 Mar 2014, 01:16 PM Agree 0
    Do I understand that the CFPB is discussing potential enforcement actions with the target's competitors on the advisory group?
  • Scott | | 20 Mar 2014, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    Yep.... ENFORCEMENT actions against our industry that they do not want anyone to know about! Transparency....? Really? This administration wants nothing to do with transparency, that would mean they would have to answer to their actions past and present.... good luck with that. CFPB just another example of this administrations big government takeover, of EVERYTHING
  • Larry | | 20 Mar 2014, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    If the CFPB is working for the Good of our Industry their doors should be wide open at all times. There are to many individuals in Government with personal agendas. The only time I personally close my doors and windows is when I do not want others to know what I am doing. The CFPB was organized to protect the comsumer, so what are you hiding from.
  • Steve 03/22/14 | | 22 Mar 2014, 05:00 PM Agree 0
    The CFPB is currently investigating my mortgage and looks as if they have a pretty good case. The last thing I want now, is for Obama to start all of a sudden being transparent. I am not a RHINO and I am definitely not a comrade in the democratic party as defined by todays standards. But you should know that a carefully carried out investigation CANNOT be reported on the news on every 15 minute news BULLETIN!! I am not a republican, I am a hard-core US Constitutionalist, and if some big mega-corporations must fall, then they MUST fall. Where at in the US Constitution or the Declaration of Independence are we as US Citizen's guaranteed the right to wealth and fame, NO MATTER HOW WE GET IT!!! MANY of us for way too long have bought into this fictitious idea that the Founding Father's guaranteed us prosperity! They did NOT!! They guaranteed us LIBERTY!!! Which, if I might add, St. Paul who wrote much of our Holy Scriptures in the New Testament, also states over and over. Benjamin Franklin once stated that " one who gives up liberty for security, deserves neither!!" So, before you start siding up, just remember, Comrade Stalin, of the original Communist Revolution stated that people who did not think for themselves but always let other "Leaders" think for them with out bothering to do even the smallest amount of research for themselves, were only "USEFUL IDIOTS!!"
Post a reply