Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

GAO to investigate CFPB discrimination charges

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 04 Aug 2014, 11:56 AM Agree 0
The Government Accountability Office will begin an investigation into the culture and management practices of the CFPB in response to months of allegations about discrimination and retaliation at the agency
  • | | 05 Aug 2014, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    How can you trust an agency to do it's job, if the same culture it's investigating is pervasive inside said agency? is there any gov't office that is not a corrupt mess?
  • | | 21 Aug 2014, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    I do not believe the CFPB is not the only gov't agency where this type of discrimination is going on. They appear to be the only agency where this type of culture is being brought to the forefront though.
  • me-consumer | | 22 Sep 2014, 02:16 AM Agree 0
    Employees should have a way to protect their rights - no question about it. And it looks like CFPB employees do have such way (interesting, what do people have on the commercial side???). I just want to hope that these internal issues will not affect the good things that CFPB does. I will make my judgment about CFPB based on what it does and how successful it is with resolving the issues like this one - the same way as I look at Apple and the labor issues at their supplier. Hope CFPB fixes the problems and does what's right for the employees and at the same time will not turn into low-efficiency bureaucracy where managers are afraid of providing objective assessment of their employees' performance. Because then it will affect all of us - consumers.

Post a reply