Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

From the Forum: A tangled timeshare problem

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 04 Aug 2014, 08:29 AM Agree 0
The great thing about MPA's discussion forum is that originators can bring their tough cases to their colleagues for advice. And an MPA reader just shared a tangled timeshare problem
  • Scott M. | | 04 Aug 2014, 08:15 PM Agree 0
    The reasons a timeshare project may be failing are many; some are resolvable, some are not. It may be poor management, poor leadership by the Board of Directors, or more fundamental problems with the resort - a smaller, older and otherwise non-competitive project in a highly seasonal market, or one dominated by superior resorts, is unlikely to be sustainable. We specialize in evaluating timeshare resorts and helping the board or manager to create a plan based on our findings. Sometimes we recommend a liquidation strategy to allow the owners to recover some portion of their past investment in the project. Sometimes we can restructure the project to allow it to generate the activity it needs to become viable again. Sometimes it requires new management. Out reputations and track record in this area are well documented. I would welcome a call or email from the originator. SMacGregor@carymacgregorcom, (702) 279-1432.
  • rubywilson | | 22 Oct 2014, 04:19 PM Agree 0
    Timeshares have always been a bad buy. But for those who really feel they need one I make one recommendation: Never buy from the developer. Always wait for timeshares to appear on the secondary market, usually at half-price. People like you get excited at the new developments and jump right in, only to become disillusioned later and dump the property onto the secondary market, at a loss, for a patient, informed buyer to take advantage of.
  • Thomas333 | | 18 Jun 2015, 11:48 AM Agree 0
    A new TImeshare Forum/Blog/Q&A we have created called Timeshare Tales! Please come post your experiences, ask any questions or voice any concerns about timeshares you may have! Visit at
  • Deby Cole | | 12 Jan 2016, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:
Post a reply