Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Former real estate developer gets 27 years for mortgage fraud

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 20 Jan 2014, 12:07 AM Agree 0
A North Carolina man has been sentenced to more than 27 years in prison for running a multi-million dollar mortgage scam
  • Mark H | | 20 Jan 2014, 08:33 AM Agree 0
    It never ceases to amaze me!
    These guys always get caught yet next month we'll probably hear about another such bust.
    Sure they get to live in style for a couple of years but it always ends badly.
  • Realstateman | | 20 Jan 2014, 09:44 AM Agree 0
    What really amazes me is that it is very hard for a legitimate real estate investor to get funds from private lenders and I always see how there are guys out there getting millions from people and scamming them out of their money. I'm glad they get caught, thank you FBI, but you have to get some people from the big banks that committed mortgage fraud at that much larger scale too...
  • Rafe Peacock | | 20 Jan 2014, 09:59 AM Agree 0
    We still need to see some justice served by putting some high level bank executives behind bars...their guilt has been acknowledged already by the billions in fines paid....now, it's time to make their punishment fit their crime...taking away a small percentage of their immorally obtained profits in the form of fines does not deliver a strong message at all.
  • gary | | 21 Jan 2014, 07:05 AM Agree 0
    Good news never makes the news. How about the MOM and POP office that I getting squeezed right out of the marketplace and did nothing but serve the clients and his or her community? Once a conman always a conman . Throw away the key.
Post a reply