Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Former mortgage lawyer sentenced for massive fraud

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 10 Feb 2014, 04:52 AM Agree 0
When your own attorney compares you to Gordon Gekko in court filings, it’s probably not a good sign. That's what happened to a former mortgage attorney sentenced over wide-ranging mortgage scams
  • Lee in CA | | 10 Feb 2014, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    What kind of desparation causes an attorney (or anyone else for that matter) to collect small fees to "file" and then not actually do the filing... or on a larger scale, defraud a client of mortgage payments, cause a default, and then file bankruptcy on behalf of the client without the client's consent. Either she is inherently evil (amoral) or she was paying for a bad drug habit. This one is really hard to understand, but I am glad that she is "off the streets".
  • Dee | | 19 Feb 2014, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    I know of this family. They live in a upscale house. Our kids go to the same school. I just remember her looking down on me because I didn't suit their high materialistic standards. Now I know how her and her husband was able to afford all those big cars and hug house.
Post a reply