Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Foreign investors driving up housing prices

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 11 Feb 2016, 06:30 AM Agree 0
While a boon for industry players, the massive influx of foreign investments also has a negative impact on the U.S. real estate market, according to experts
  • Grant P | | 11 Feb 2016, 11:35 AM Agree 0
    The Very, Very, Very last thing this industry needs is more regulation. The government needs to keep it's self out of the free market or it will become neither. These same "experts" are the same one's that are pushing for more government intervention and regulation which in turn exacerbate the floundering economic recovery, as weak as it is.
  • cheryl m | | 11 Feb 2016, 04:01 PM Agree 0
    Grant P, you sound like Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. ...that horrible man, he so wrong, he's bad, those bad lobby est ... . Hold onto that very good thought Grant. Wait til Nov and we get to see how really really bad it's all going to be when Elizabeth Warren get to be Hillary's right hand man. Remember to VOTE.
  • Andy R | | 12 Feb 2016, 11:47 AM Agree 0
    You people just kill me. We'll see who'll be crying if Trump or Ted Cruz win the election. The economy will tank so fast you won't know what hit you. We have the real estate market we have due to fair regulation, not in spite of it. TRID hasn't hurt anyone's business except those that were trying to obfuscate information from their clients. The regulations put in place for mortgage brokers after 2008 were very successful in weeding out most of the bad players in the industry who were giving us all a bad name. The answer isn't less regulation - Helloooooo crash of 2008- it's smarter regulation. I love conservatives who somehow want to return to the Bush years from which we are just now recovering.
Post a reply