Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Foreclosure settlement funds misspent?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 16 Nov 2015, 06:30 AM Agree 0
One state is being accused of improperly distributing settlement funds to down-and-out homeowners
  • | | 16 Nov 2015, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Strange how it always winds up in the pockets of bureaucrats!
  • Terry | | 16 Nov 2015, 12:49 PM Agree 0
    Why has it taken more than three years for you to realize that Texas, along with 7 other states, put the money into the general fund? While I agree that people "could" have used the funds, we have to take a look at the state laws or regulations to see how the funds need to be disbursed. You should have taken action in May 2012 when there could have been legislation to correct the situation. But let us understand that the funds benefited the "general population" and not a select group of people.

Stop beating a dead horse.
  • Julie | | 17 Nov 2015, 12:28 AM Agree 0
    Sounds familiar... wa state may be involved in a similar plight. Even though i gave them my case of robo-signing signed docs and fraudulent mortgage mods and assignments made to an invalid beneficiary. They used it to make their deal with the 5 major banks. Dont you all know we and other homeowners are just mere
    squatters and over glorified renters deadbeats.
    Even though we've paid a couple hundred
    grand. Forget that. That doesn't count.
    It's a disgrace and the banks legal representation should all be ashamed of themselves because if we know what we know they know that much as well and that's enough to prove their full of shit. They have no conscience and they make up Microsoft excel.spreadsheets pretending to show a mortgage linked to a trust. This is something my 6th grader could prepare no problem. I don't like their attitude that they are the sophisticated and we are dummies. Total B. S.
Post a reply