Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Filling the wholesale gap

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 28 May 2014, 06:10 AM Agree 0
The giant banks may have abandoned the wholesale channel, but that void is being filled by residential lenders
  • Cheryl M | | 28 May 2014, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    OH B S...I can't get Carrington to call me back to save my life. If anything they too need help with communication. You're only as good as your back room, if I remember it correctly. Follow up by AE's (even executive vp's) is very important/key. Carrington does not have this either. I have an AE who can deliver a yes when needed and deliver a no with the same finesse. I waited two weeks for a set of eyes to see my files at Carrington...I found another whsl lender and moved on. Very Happy Now
  • Griff | | 28 May 2014, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    With business slowing down I wonder about Chase, Wells, SunTrust, etc. who won't do broker business any longer. I wonder how long until they come back. Some of newer wholesale lenders know how to do broker business right. Finding the right relationship is like dying and going to heaven.
  • George | | 26 Jun 2015, 07:02 AM Agree 0
    NEVER....I SAY AGAIN...NEVER use Carrington Wholesale...they will ignore your phone calls, e-mails, etc.. with you having to answer to your clients and much worse- the realtors. Like most wholesale lenders they sit in this untouchable Ivory Tower raining down bombs that you have to dodge and get past to close mortgages. I have heard of brokers getting into lawsuits over that place. I have even heard their servicing is worse. Heed the warning from a 15 year veteran. Don't lose your good contacts messing with these folks.
Post a reply