Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

FHA should ease premiums -- industry group

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 May 2014, 12:13 AM Agree 0
The National Association of Realtors is pushing the FHA to pull back on rising insurance premiums, which the NAR claims are holding back borrowers
  • Joe Heisler | | 08 May 2014, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    Maybe we can take some of the $85 BILLION the US Treasury has pilferred from Fannie & Freddie profits & actually use the money for housing initiatives!
  • Rich Stone | | 08 May 2014, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    I think this is way understated on additional cost and the should more specifically say lifetime monthly costs. To illustrate better the article should figure out how much extra a month the 80bps monthly fee costs someone plus figure out the additional cost of the lifetime coverage so after 11 years when it used to drop off they are still paying an entire 1.35% a month in premiums. Now that would hype people up a bit more.
  • J BAZAN | | 08 May 2014, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    I prefer a higher amount on the front and much lower on the monthly. We could do more refi's for clients that have higher interest rates. The higher PMI just makes it impossible in many cases as the PMI eats up the interest rate savings.
Post a reply