Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fed’s Mester, Bullard say U.S. outlook justifies rate hike

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 28 Aug 2015, 10:11 AM Agree 0
Fed presidents argue in favor of hiking interest rates
  • Anonymous | | 28 Aug 2015, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    Let's gather together a bunch of millionaires and put them into a room. Academics, who themselves are so far out of touch with the rest of us hard working citizens that they have absolutely no idea what daily life is like for the average American who works hard to put food on their table. Then, let's see how fast these millionaires can derail the fragile economy by raising rates. This is just brilliant. The rest of the world economies are crumbling around them (quite literally), people here are out of work or are working in jobs paying a tiny fraction of what they were earning before the recession (if they are even working at all) and yet these people want to raise rates? It's pathetic and short-sighted.
  • Ben Bubbles Bernanke | | 28 Aug 2015, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Anonymous, these idiot's at the Fed don't have a clue. What shocks me even more, is that the market's still hang on their every word as they have a magic 8 ball they look into everyday.
  • jas | | 28 Aug 2015, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    The world's wealth masters are simply not making enough money, so why not derail the last best hope in the world (not that the U.S. can survive the TRUE debt).

A .25% rate hike will assuredly slow the housing market and a .5% will simply halt it.

Yes we have gotten drunk on artificially depressed interest rates which is what always happens when prices get lowered, and had they reacted earlier people would have gotten used to it, the markets would have adjusted, now, it is simply too late. With Europe ready to implode, the Pacific rim tenuous at best, the emerging markets in shambles, and no healthy economy on the planet, a rate hike will undoubted slam the door on any recovery.

However, I sincerely doubt the powers that be really care. They got theirs, their's will always be there.
  • Anon. for fear of retribution | | 28 Aug 2015, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    In whose world has inflation been below 2% annually since 2006??? Everything I HAVE to purchase (because I can't afford to purchase anything except what I HAVE to) has escalated in price far beyond 2% each and every year since 2006. An interest rate hike will only exacerbate the problem and prevent me from purchasing goods and services I HAVE to purchase, further deteriorating my quality of life. I have had no REAL salary increase since 2001, so my standard of living has been on a steady and continual decline. When considering an interest rate hike, consider middle-class Americans like me who have seen their livelihoods diminish all while the upper-income and lower-income classes have experienced improved life styles. I'm no longer willing to finance better lives for others at my expense.
  • Hwa Jurong | | 08 Sep 2015, 09:08 AM Agree 0
    I am Hwa Jurong, a Private Money Lender do you need a mortgage to start up business or to pay your bills and a corporate financial for real estate and any kinds of business financing. I also offer Loans to individuals,Firms and corporate bodies at 2% interest rate. I give out mortgage to serious minded people that are interested of mortgage if interested contact this email: hwajurong382@yahoo.com.sg , hwajurong12@gmail.com and hwajurong12@hotmail.com
Post a reply