Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fed minutes lay out plans for rate hikes

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 18 Nov 2015, 02:43 PM Agree 0
The minutes show three distinct points of view exist
  • NoSpinJustTheFacts | | 18 Nov 2015, 03:51 PM Agree 0
    Note how this brilliant group of economist have decidedly left out 62.9% Labor Participation Rate (sitting near the 38-year low 62.4% with the Oct Great Jobs Report ) in their calculations. The Feds have 3 times declared the economy more robust then it actually was, when they ended Q1 (March 2010), again when they ended QE2 (June 2011), and once again with the ending but not ending of QE3 (December 2013).

I am not going to hold my breath that the out of touch Feds has finally nailed it correctly.
  • Viva la Revolucion | | 18 Nov 2015, 04:44 PM Agree 0
    The Federal Reserve has kept interest rates near zero percent for 7 years because they couldn't take the training wheels off of Obongo's disastrous policies. We are in for some rough sledding ahead, when (thankfully) this "administration" finally rides off into the sunset. However, the Feds have painted themselves into a corner - and all of the conflicting stories from the various governors is just them trying to figure out what to do next.
  • Anonymous | | 18 Nov 2015, 10:15 PM Agree 0
    Let's hope the House bill to oversee and limit the Fed actually gains traction. It was funny to see how panicked the Fed and White House were yesterday. There will be dancing in the streets to the tune of "Ding dong, the witch is dead" if this ever happens. It certainly can't happen soon enough. These Fed "geniuses" are driving the school bus right over the edge of a cliff.
Post a reply