Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fannie Mae pays off bailout debt

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 21 Feb 2014, 12:44 PM Agree 0
With next month's payment to the Treasury, Fannie Mae will have repaid all of the cash it received in its government bailout
  • John | | 21 Feb 2014, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    Of course Fannie/Freddie are making huge profits. They are exempted from QM not to mention you get a government guarantee without paying FHA insurance. The only mortgages that should be QM are mortgages that are being sold to banks or Fannie and Freddie. The Congress and CFPB have it all backwards.
  • Herb McGee | | 21 Feb 2014, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    That's great, what about GM, they ended up opening a bank (they must think Charity Begins at Home). Chrysler paid their debt, If we are going to spend money, spend it at home.
  • Ron T | | 21 Feb 2014, 02:05 PM Agree 0
    If Fannie is making this kind of money, it appears that mortgages are overpriced and there is room to lower rates in spite/despite what the Fed does.
  • David | | 21 Feb 2014, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    Sumpin's fishy in DC. I recall hearing a couple months back that Fannie and/or Freddie was back in congress begging for more BILLIONS. If you like your health care plan you can keep your health care plan!!!!!
  • harry | | 22 Feb 2014, 09:00 PM Agree 0
    Good article.
    I couldnt get insurance for over 30 years due to preexisting conditiios...i guess the free market doesn't always requires a generous heart...and a goverment working for the people, not special interests.
    Yea for FNMA!
  • harry | | 23 Feb 2014, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    FNMA is essential to the housing market & thus the economy. This is great news.
Post a reply