Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fannie, Freddie won't last forever, here's why

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 19 Mar 2015, 08:34 AM Agree 0
While not everyone agrees on the future of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, one thing is certain – it’s current state is unsustainable.
  • spd | | 19 Mar 2015, 09:34 AM Agree 0
  • anonymous | | 19 Mar 2015, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    Have they repaid their mortgages and satisfied the terms of their agreements with the govt? I thought I read somewhere that they had or soon will? If not, then I understand, but if yes, then why on Earth are they still sending payments to the govt? Further, if they have indeed met and satisfied the terms of their agreements, why are they still in conservatorship? They should be back to operating their businesses. Syphoning off all of their profits and not allowing them to keep a safety cushion makes no sense at all. Of course they may need help again if you don't allow them to have a cushion. Duh!
  • truth | | 19 Mar 2015, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    The US Treasury is taking all their profits. $45 billion more than they lent, and counting.
    Of course they will need bailed out again, The govt is Taking all their money.
    Would you agree to give away you entire paycheck and savings account for the luxury of nothing in return?
    The FHFA and Treasury have enslaved these two private companies and thus enslaved each of the taxpayers that pays for
    the treasury and FHFA to have a job in the first place.
    Trapping Fannie and Freddie really enslaves the middle class to bailing out them due to government Theft.
    $135 billion borrowed, $245 billion paid back and counting.
    That alone is almost $100 billion in capital that these two should have for a rainy day!
    Every draw is a draw from the taxpayer, thus enslaving the taxpayer to this MOB like activity of the Treasury.
    Know the truth. The USA is not so different from Putin and Russian politics.
Post a reply