Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fannie, Freddie overhaul could mean higher rates: study

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 04 Apr 2014, 08:27 AM Agree 0
A planned overhaul of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could send mortgage rates climbing for homeowners with weaker credit, according to a new study.
  • Bruce | | 04 Apr 2014, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    No matter what the government does, it will still, most likely, have a negative effect for the consumer.
  • John | | 04 Apr 2014, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    The best bet is still to recapitalize Fannie and Freddie with a stock offering and higher reserves. They can let this new thing compete, if it can.
  • Broker4Life | | 04 Apr 2014, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    "send mortgage rates climbing for homeowners with weaker credit"???

DUH! That's nothing new............
  • Bill | | 04 Apr 2014, 01:25 PM Agree 0
    Ok...Mr. Crowe. So any buyer that the new costs would impact, and the range appears to be fairly broad in the article, "Don't Count" anyway because they may already be impacted and the new "hits" wouldn't matter to those folks? What fodder! If they can't put 20% down and don't have perfect credit scores they should be sent to the showers and forget about home ownership....right? After 40 years in what used to be a very professional and respected mortgage industry I'm astounded more every day by the idiots that are in charge of the barn door today!
  • Richard | | 04 Apr 2014, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    As a mortgage professional for 38 years, I'm now constantly astounded how out of touch our lawmakers are, and especially those that are in positiions to regulate the mortgage industry. The comment by Crowe that the "650-750 credit score borrower aren't in the market" demonstrates just how far out of touch these people really are. I originate mortgages everyday for borrowers with those scores and in fact they make up the majority of the business in Southern California, as well as many parts of the country. Regulation to project consumers is great but having individuals who are not aware of the real world just make no sense.
  • John Burns | | 04 Apr 2014, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    I have been in the mortgage industry for over 40 years, and the supidity of the "lawmakers" and the lack of knowledge of this industry and what causes it's successes and failures is absolutely astounding. I could fix this mess in a week maybe a day. There is no common sense being used at any level of our insdustry today or for the last 6 years, totally a result of overzealous "lawmakers".
  • Bobforthis | | 05 Apr 2014, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    A special thanks to Chris, Barrack, Barney and the boys for getting us in this mess.
Post a reply