Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ex-pastor gets 14 years for mortgage fraud

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 31 Oct 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
A former Philadelphia-area pastor was sentenced Tuesday to 14 years in federal prison for his part in a $6.4 million mortgage fraud scheme
  • Cheryl M | | 31 Oct 2013, 08:20 AM Agree 0
    21st Century new way of going to confession. Sad, is nothing sacred? He's got the time to say all the hail mary's and acts of contrition he'll need. Sure that's not all he's guilty of....
  • glen | | 31 Oct 2013, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    sounds like its all the mortgage brokers fault to me. signed, barney frank
  • David B | | 31 Oct 2013, 09:18 AM Agree 0
    I have a problem with sending this guy up while the government ignores the banksters and Wall Street guys that stole and continue to steal billions on a monthly basis. The smaller you are the harder you fall. I do not condone this but where is the equal before the law concept.......gone, vanished, a thing of the past.
  • estaban montoya | | 31 Oct 2013, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Here we go again destroy the life of the little guy who can't defend himself. The banks all knew what the products they sold were doing. they just wanted volume. How is a sentence of 14 years even possible? how many years have the big boys gotten?
  • Steve | | 31 Oct 2013, 09:36 AM Agree 0
    Funny how all these "religious" people keep getting convicted of crimes against humanity. Makes ya think before trusting any religious figure with your children and now your money.
  • glen | | 31 Oct 2013, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    Really? You're going to bring religion into this? You, my friend, are a fool. Enjoy your insurance.
  • David B | | 31 Oct 2013, 09:59 AM Agree 0
    The only way to stop this is to let the little guy get a slap on the hand until the big guys serve time instead of paying politicians. The problem is a jury only gives a verdict but the sentence is out of their hands. The jury should be able to give sentences. That way if they perceive injustice is being meted out unfairly, they can "go easy" on the little guy. As it is, the little guy gets maximum sentences while the big guys either get a slap on the hand or nothing at all.
  • Michael H | | 31 Oct 2013, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    The "pastor" part of the story was the titilating and sexy draw that even made this a story. WWJD...

Want more of the story...what happened to the homes ? What about the church deacons (co-conspiritors)
  • Steve | | 31 Oct 2013, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    Glen - what insurance are you referring to? And yes, religion. He was a pastor
  • Kent | | 31 Oct 2013, 12:00 PM Agree 0
    This individual is not a little guy. He was a pro. He used all tricks to pocketed $6.4 Millions. Stop making excuses.
  • G | | 31 Oct 2013, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    No worries as usual lockup the street corner dealer let the king pin continue to rise...
    Quoting Don King, "only in America"
  • IrvineMichele | | 31 Oct 2013, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    Pastor Wilkerson is a repeat offender, which is why the Judge wasn't having any of it. 2 years ago he was convicted of bank fraud when he wrote a $100k+ bad check to buy a MBZ and he scammed a Builder before that who was building his millionaire mansion..the list goes on. Blame Wall St or whoever you want but this guy was just a thug in a clergyman's collar.
Post a reply