Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Eight Habits & Traits of Successful Mortgage Originators

Notify me of new replies via email
  • Andrew Martinez | | 10 Oct 2013, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    Great article
  • Christian | | 13 Mar 2014, 02:12 AM Agree 0
    Very are right on everything...
  • Roberto | | 10 Jun 2014, 09:30 PM Agree 0
    I like your article :)
  • Steve Furlong | | 11 Jun 2014, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    You have done an excellent job of summarizing what it takes to be successful in this business. If anything could be elaborated on, I would suggest to a mortgage officer to find a specialty program or market to own. I see so many opportunities to take something, tie mortgage to it, and really excel. A few examples are the efficiency mortgages combined with solar and geothermal installers, Neighborhood Stabilization Programs, or your local Housing Finance Agency.
  • Jhoanna Jones | | 01 Jan 2015, 11:08 PM Agree 0
    New Years resolution: I will implement all these ideas in 2015.
  • | | 22 Aug 2015, 03:01 AM Agree 0
    I'm a field marketing agent and this article inspired me to do better at my job currently, then promptly get the hell out and find something I like a lot more or at least a different company. I'm appreciative to my employer and have made plenty of money for them. My girlfriend is about to get certified in this mortgage originator field and hell I might after she finishes. I'm sure we could survive and not cut each other and be a tippy top power couple in the area. Thanks for writing this article. Best thing I've read in months.
  • Don Henson- simple mortgage. - michigan | | 29 Oct 2015, 10:02 PM Agree 0
    Very concise article.
Post a reply