Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Don't raise Fannie and Freddie fees, lawmakers urge

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 09 Dec 2013, 05:45 AM Agree 0
Senate Banking Committee leaders are urging fellow lawmakers not to raise mortgage-guarantee fees charged by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to generate revenue
  • Jim | | 09 Dec 2013, 08:48 AM Agree 0
    So they are working to wind down Fannie and Freddie but the one way that Fannie and Freddie are using to both protect the taxpayer and to price their product higher to encourage a private market is not acceptable. Amazing
  • Bruce | | 09 Dec 2013, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    Maybe I'm missing something - I thought Fannie and Freddie were making billions and paying back most of the money it received from the government. Now there's a possibility of raising the fee to generate more revenue. I wish the government would practice full disclose and provide a detailed list of where the money is actually going.
  • Charles | | 09 Dec 2013, 04:27 PM Agree 0
    Here is the scam of scams...while Fannie & Freddie are no profitable & solid as they have been for 90% of their existence. The government is not returning this money to tax payers who footed the bill. They are keeping it as "dividends" since they have imposed themselves a s Fannie & Freddies largest shareholders.
Post a reply