Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Cordray to appear on 'Jeopardy!'

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 03 Feb 2014, 07:41 AM Agree 0
The CFPB director was an undefeated champion on the popular game show in 1987
  • Tom H | | 03 Feb 2014, 08:04 AM Agree 0
    I'm sorry, but as a Mortgage Professional since 1995 I'm pretty sure the Mortgage Industry put itself AND the American people in Jeopardy! Not Cordray!
  • david i | | 03 Feb 2014, 08:08 AM Agree 0
    idiot should stop playing games with our industry
  • Richard Godwin | | 03 Feb 2014, 08:11 AM Agree 0
    How exciting!! (not)
  • Roger Gudobba | | 03 Feb 2014, 08:18 AM Agree 0
    I am a big fan of Jeopardy. Anyone that can be a 5 time champion should be commended. Obviously, his detractors are not qualified!
  • Anthony | | 03 Feb 2014, 08:23 AM Agree 0
    Well said Tom. The mortgage industry needs to stop apportioning blame to everyone outside the industry and look at those who betrayed the piublc trust as well as the industry from within. No need to mention names. They are the whose who on the wall of infamy
  • Bob Raaf | | 03 Feb 2014, 08:37 AM Agree 0
    Bad Appointment by Pres. Obama. Bad Law! Excellent Brain! 2 bad, no one has any business experience.
  • Bob P | | 03 Feb 2014, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    Tom is partially correct in that the mortgage industry participated in the "meltdown" but remember these mortgage products were designed by Wall Street. Then again if people had jobs they could have paid their mortgages. Not sure why thousands of pages of regulations are necessary, just leave the bad product off the shelf. Wait a minute, if we did that government employees wouldn't have jobs.
  • Pat McCarthy | | 03 Feb 2014, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    I went to school and grew up with him. He has impeccable character and would ultimately be a GREAT candidate for President, should he choose to go that direction. I have the utmost respect for him and fully support his decisions, even though, some may not be profitable for the mortgage industry.
  • Lee in CA | | 03 Feb 2014, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    Pat, it is great that you stand with your friend and support him. I simply hope that he can see through the "cloud" of polictical pressure and across the "divide" between what is legal and what is practical to interject common sense oversight rather than the standard knee-jerk reaction to past violations that effectively only penalize those that are still here (i.e. those that weren't committing those violations).
  • Thomas Hunt | | 03 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    The problem with book smart High IQ individuals like Richard and our President, if you check back on there backgrounds none have ever been in private business or took commission only jobs. There is the disconnect. They never struggled with the day to day activities we face every day. Its only theory to them. Besides what other fields do we have people make up the rules that are outside the profession. We have doctors monitoring doctors, lawyers monitoring lawyers, why not honest mortgage people monitoring mortgage officers. Its a bit arrogant to think you know more than a seasoned pro who has been doing this for over 20 years.
  • Ralph Milgiozzi | | 03 Feb 2014, 01:39 PM Agree 0
    What a waste of talent for a guy who knows so much. We really don't need someone who only regulates things, and creates nothing, at the head of the CFPB
Post a reply