Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Consumers see sunny days ahead for mortgages

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 08 Jan 2014, 05:06 AM Agree 0
Consumers are getting more optimistic about the housing and mortgage markets, according to data released Tuesday by Fannie Mae
  • Chris | | 08 Jan 2014, 08:12 AM Agree 0
    I don't understand why people think it's finally a good time to buy now? Interest rates on a 30 year term are in the mid-4's. Housing prices have rebounded and have seen increases in most areas in the last year. So higher mortgage rates and higher purchase prices equals a better time to buy finally?
  • skip | | 08 Jan 2014, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    I think this a total "fluff" article....everything is coming up roses
  • JLM | | 08 Jan 2014, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    the author of this article has his head in the sand .. and as for optimism they are only stating percentages not actual amount of people that they so called surveyed. No one is optimistic that is informed on what is actually transpiring in the mortgage industry. Wall street is going to push rates higher .. QM is going to tighten debt to income ratios .. something will have to give ..home prices will have to come down or rates will have to lower.
    the nonsense about looking back @ when rates were 7-9% is absolutely idiotic. To make that comparison equal you would also have to consider that home prices were 50-70% cheaper. The whole scene is a scam and the corrupt political structure knows it. So pump out bogus survey information and keep deceiving the consumer
  • Judy | | 13 Jan 2014, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    2013 was an enthusiastic rebound for the real estate market. Our brokerage saw business increase 40%. The only people who could see this is bad news are those who market REO properties. For the rest of the real estate community business is booming.
Post a reply