Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Clinton VP made name in $100-million ‘redlining’ case

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 25 Jul 2016, 02:36 PM Agree 0
Before entering politics, Democratic VP nominee Tim Kaine was a lawyer who specialized in fair housing. In his highest-profile case, he convinced a jury that an industry giant was discriminating against minority borrowers
  • Eric T | | 25 Jul 2016, 03:33 PM Agree 0
    I would say he likes to make money. Many of these cases do not actually prove any actual discrimination.
  • NoSpinJustFacts. | | 25 Jul 2016, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    Tim Kaine may like to fight instead of working cooperatively to bring about resolutions. Obviously, the VA Supreme Court found his fighting to be incompetent and overturned a verdict where Mr. Kaine mislead the jurors to an inappropriate verdict.

His standing proudly in making this public proclamation of a fight he fought outside the boundaries of the Virginia law indicates he and Hillary have more in common besides their run for the White House; they are both narcissistic.
  • SEB | | 25 Jul 2016, 03:57 PM Agree 0
    If you turn a blind eye to the fact that there was a $17.5 million settlement - you can anything you like. If they weren't guilty, why did they settle. Additionally, you have no idea how many hours, months, years or personnel were spent in obtaining the outcome. I don't think you work for free. Liking to fight for equality and the rights of all is DEFINITELY something to be proud of. It's better than stiffing contractors (who ended up having to file bankruptcy) and who have already performed the work because they could "take me to court."
  • AWD | | 25 Jul 2016, 07:36 PM Agree 0
    SEB..... They settled because they didn't find it worth their time to continue to fight this case. If you have any familiarity with "LAW"... that's what people and companies do... they pay knuckleheads to go away.. which, unfortunately FUELS lawsuits like this... So now, what do you think is going to happen? Will his "fight" actually help? Was this actually about discrimination? Or was it about an insurance company's actual policy writing procedure..? They didn't want to insure those neighborhoods NOT because of the color of their skin, BUT BECAUSE THERE IS TOO HIGH OF A RISK OF DAMAGE OF THE HOMES IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD... DUHHHHH!! The company would lose money! It has NOTHING to do with discrimination, and everything to do with LEGAL capitalism business!!
    Now, what happens, is Nationwide increases their insurance policy premium (to that neightborhood and the surrounding ones) to compensate for the lawsuit they had to pay out, and makes the rates so high that NOBODY will WANT to insure with them!!! HAHA!!! And Mr. Kaine and Nationwide LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!! And the little guy who was "discriminated" against... doesn't see a dime... What I would really like to see is WHAT "Housing Opportunities Made Equal" did with the money.....
  • M | | 26 Jul 2016, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    Has Trump or his vp ever repesented. minorities, has there been one case where Trump was on the right side of a minority exceot verbally since he found the church, within a couole of days after he started campaigning
  • M | | 26 Jul 2016, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    Has Trump or his vp ever repesented. minorities, has there been one case where Trump was on the right side of a minority exceot verbally since he found the church, within a couole of days after he started campaigning
  • sbharkness | | 28 Jul 2016, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    To "M" My question to you is clear and direct. What is the point you are trying to make? By the way, I have the courage and conviction to stand behind my post showing my face and real name.
  • sbharkness | | 28 Jul 2016, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    To "M" My question to you is clear and direct. What is the point you are trying to make? By the way, I have the courage and conviction to stand behind my post showing my face and real name.
  • sbharkness | | 28 Jul 2016, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    I would like to ask my fellow lenders, and anyone with any understanding of economics what they think they outcome of a Hillary Clinton Presidency will be? She tries to wrap herself up as someone that will fight for the middle class but she does not even know who the middle class is. She wears $12,000 coats. I read that and was shocked. How can one justify spending $12,000 on a coat? I live in Seattle and am fortunate enough to benefit from the charity of Bill Gates and Paul Allen with all the contribute to the local area. My point is I can not imagine either one of these men, or Melinda Gates for that matter, spending that kind of money on a coat. Do you understand?
  • Paula L Clark | | 29 Jul 2016, 01:07 PM Agree 0
    I've been reluctant to purchase the blank ATM card online because i know for a fact there fake hackers" out there, but i was convinced that it really works when my friend at my place of work got the card & we confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Every time I've withdrawn cash from my blank ATM card & the money has been in my own account in less than 24 hrs. So glad i gave it a try at last and has changed my life real good thus its illegal!! If you don't believe me then Email: cyberoraclehackers.hackwizard@gmail.com
  • Sam | | 02 Aug 2016, 11:02 AM Agree 0
    You must be new to the business world. When Mr. Kaine brags about "fighting" against discrimination he wasn't telling you the truth. Kaine's lawsuit didn't prove anything about discriminatory practices at all. His suit does prove how corrupt, greedy, and morally bankrupt the Democratic Party has become.
  • Sam | | 02 Aug 2016, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    You tell us. The divisive politics of pitting one group of Americans against another group of Americans is what animates the liberal/progressives who control the Democratic Party. Most people go about their daily lives treating others, no matter their background, with respect and dignity. It's the Democratic Party, the race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who make money by exploiting blacks, who are the problem. Your narrative is corrosive and un-American. You are no patriot, sir.
  • Sam | | 02 Aug 2016, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    Hillary is corrupt. She will do for herself and for her cronies first. She doesn't give a hoot about anyone else's interests except her own. She really is the DEVIL.
  • ATM CARD | | 27 Oct 2016, 04:32 PM Agree 0
    Hi, and i just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called Leonard. he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. One week later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $6,000. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $78,000 without any stress of being caught. I don’t know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank ATM has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address (atmexperts@yahoo.com). And I believe they will also Change your Life
Post a reply