Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Citibank plans to close several California branches

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 26 Jan 2015, 07:17 AM Agree 0
The CFO of the large bank said it plans to eliminate 60 U.S. branches early this year with the majority of those in California.
  • Viva la Revolucion | | 26 Jan 2015, 03:10 PM Agree 0
    They are a disaster anyway; good riddance you TBTF behemoth.
  • EPEZ | | 31 Mar 2015, 09:27 PM Agree 0
    2 bad. I like Citibank.
  • Dave | | 06 Apr 2015, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Citibank ran a hedge fund with current Obama friend and US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew as the manager of a hedge fund that bet on the housing bubble bursting a bubble Citibank was most responsible for. Citibank received close to 50 BILLION dollars in US Citizen money
    from the US Government amongst the TARP Bailouts.
  • Marc Yu, PhD | | 10 Sep 2015, 10:19 AM Agree 0
    Actually, they are getting smarter about their business. A lot of banks emerged only as online banks which is becoming more popular. Banks like EverBank based out of Jacksonville, FL on opened branches around Florida but became a powerhouse with online banking. My family have had a Citigold account for as long as I can remember and I have not been in a branch for several years because all my transactions are either through my phone or online. Closing their branches saves them a ton of money while still gaining deposits online.
  • vicky | | 18 Sep 2015, 01:15 AM Agree 0
    it is one of the smart bank. i like it.
  • k.sharpe | | 29 Jan 2016, 03:01 AM Agree 0
    I really liked Citibank, but now they have closed the only branch in my City. I have a small business and i go to the branch ALOT. Now we have every bank downtown except Citi...so i guess i am changing banks. I am not driving 30 min just to do my banking.
  • lela 33 | | 29 Sep 2016, 07:45 PM Agree 0
    what will happen to my account?
  • lar | | 19 Oct 2016, 09:49 PM Agree 0
    well redlands bank close to
  • P Murp | | 06 Nov 2016, 01:57 PM Agree 0
    I got a letter saying that's Redland is open for banking . There is one in Beaumont also. But now sure how long it will stay open. If it closes I will be changing also
Post a reply