Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CFPB cracks down on servicers

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 19 Aug 2014, 11:55 AM Agree 0
The CFPB warns servicers that it will 'carefully scrutinize' certain mortgage transfers
  • Michele | | 19 Aug 2014, 04:58 PM Agree 0
    As much as I'm not fond of more government intervention, this is an area that needs scrutiny. I've dealt with services for years in my capacity as Mortgage Loan Officer. OCWEN is a nightmare and always has been. I'm not fond of Greentree either. They forget that there's someone's life at the end of that mortgage number!
  • Beware B SERVICERS | | 20 Aug 2014, 06:17 AM Agree 0
    Recently spoke with a rep at Greentree to understand my options as they relate to my second mortgage on a piggyback mortgage that was sold by BOA. The first was sold to Nationstar who did an exemplary job leading to a permanent mod in less that 6 months after the transfer. The rep I reached at Greentree would not let me get in a word once he got my mortgage info to locate the account. He was critical, judgmental and spoke like the traditional sweat shop mortgage collectors who get results by attempting to intimidate customers. I eventually had to hang up on him without getting anywhere and can only hope I reach a different rep on my next attempt.
  • Beware B SERVICERS | | 20 Aug 2014, 06:19 AM Agree 0
    Mortgage collectors should read : debt collectors
Post a reply