Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Castle and Cooke didn't break state law, Utah regulator says

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 26 Jul 2013, 05:20 AM Agree 0
No state laws were violated by Castle & Cooke throughout its investigation, the Utah Division of Real Estate has told MPA
  • Government TooBig | | 26 Jul 2013, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Feds trump state. Don't let the feds catch you smoking pot even though it may be legal in your state.
  • Gordon Schlicke | | 29 Jul 2013, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    Whoa. CFPB Lightens its workload by bracing state regulators to do its job? They will plead for more money from their legislators and add another army of auditors to contend with. No two sets of auditors ever agree with one another (I used to draft audit responses). More work for lawyers,more expense for originators. Welcome to Dodd-Rank overkill. It's here to stay.
  • Rick Thompson | | 14 Aug 2013, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    This is another example of the CFPB overreaching its bounds and trying to castigate a reputable company like Castle & Cooke Mortgage. I know for a fact that the allegations against CCM are totally incorrect and the CFPB will be proven wrong. The Dodd/Frank act is straight up bull$#*! and is another example of the Obama Administration doing what they do best---meddling in everyone business and trying to control free enterprise. This WILL be resolved in CCM's favor.
Post a reply