Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Buffett’s Mobile-Home Unit Should Be Probed, Lawmakers Say

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 14 Jan 2016, 06:27 AM Agree 0
U.S. lawmakers called for federal investigations into Clayton Homes, the mobile-home business at Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., after the Seattle Times and BuzzFeed News wrote that the company targeted minority borrowers and charged them higher interest rates on average than whites
  • SBHarkness | | 14 Jan 2016, 02:52 PM Agree 0
    Why is there no mention of FICO scores? Of course someone with lower FICO scores is going to be charged a higher interest rate than someone with higher FICO scores. This is all about risk management and most likely nothing to do with discrimination! People with higher FICO scores earned those scores by paying their bills on time, and four other categories. Those with lower FICO scores also earned those scores by not paying as agreed. This is a favorite tactic of the likes of Maxine Waters and her ilk. They look at things in black & white. If more black people have bad credit than white people then they (as a group) are going to be charged a higher interest rate. However, if Maxine Waters looked at FICO scores and then looked to see what interest rate was charged then checked the box that discloses race...I am sure she would find that minority applicants with the higher FICO scores were given the benefit of the same lower rates as others with the same FICO score, white, tan, or polka dotted doesn't matter when it comes to assessing risk.
  • Mitchelle | | 16 May 2016, 07:57 AM Agree 0
    End your financial worries now: I can smile that God-fearing man, who had secured $ 76,000 Usd and two of my colleagues have also received mortgages from this man, without any difficulty. I advise you not to choose the wrong person, you will definitely apply for a cash mortgage for your project and each other. I wrote this post, because Mr. Favour Henry, made me feel blessed their mortgages. It's through a friend that I met this honest and generous God fearing man who helped me get this fund to pay for the mortgage of your life, you need financial help, you're stuck, do not have access to bank credit, or not in favor of the bank to finance your construction, real estate development, the development of your business your own business, you must have seen and earn money, bad credit or need money to pay bills or debts. Therefore, we recommend that you go there, please contact and meet with you for the services you ask for it. Contact address: MRFAVOURINVESTMENT@USA.COM
  • babara johnson | | 04 Jul 2016, 06:41 PM Agree 0

Good day ladies and gentle men am Mrs Barbara Johnson a God fearing and honest mortgage lender who can change your life from bad to Good i want you to understand the fact that i give my mortgages out in a low interest rate of 3%. Bad credit acceptable,The Terms and Conditions are very simple and considerate. You will never regret in this mortgage transaction because i will make you smile through out this transaction, because you where not born to be a loser my terms and conditions are very simple what are you waiting for asap why don’t you try Mrs Barbara Johnson mortgage company and be free from debts, Any interested clients should contact me Asap via Email: ( ) for further proceeds. Please fill the below application form and get back if interested and you will be glad of knowing a mortgage lender like Mr Evans Johnson

1. Full Names:............................
    2. Contact Address:.......................
    3. Country:..............................
    4. Loan Amount Needed:....................
    5. Duration of the Loan...................
    6. Direct Telephone Number:.................
    7. Monthly Income:...........................

Contact email:

I will be looking forward to hear from you so as to proceed.

Kind Regards
Post a reply