Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

BREAKING: Negative equity tumbles as housing bounces back

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 12 Jun 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Previously underwater properties are finally poking their head above the waves as house prices rebound
  • TonyS | | 14 Jun 2013, 05:52 AM Agree 0
    Can you produce ONE HOME that SOLD this
    year for MORE then it was purchased for in 2005. Home prices dropped by more than 40% for 2008-2009. You're saying that home prices have not only reached 2005 levels but are 7 to 10% higher. Prove it publish one home sale price from public records anywhere in the country that more then 2005 price in true full article not a deceiving one for head lines.
  • Ron | | 14 Jun 2013, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    Can you point out in the article where is states anything about home prices being higher than they were in 2005. I keep re-reading it and just don't see it. What it does state is that based on current values, 1.7 million borrowers have regained positive equity During the past year; not euity equal to or greater than they had in 2005, just equity vs. being upside down. I happen to be one of those that regained equity recently. If values are sustainable its good news.
  • Marvin Von Renchler | | 19 Jun 2013, 12:49 PM Agree 0
    Come on. Grandstand headlining. Thats a drop in the bucket compared to all those who have not (And maybe never will)
Post a reply