Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Billion dollar originator: Don't dismiss clients who don't qualify

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 24 Oct 2013, 05:30 AM Agree 0
The country’s first billion-dollar originator, Greg Frost, says service includes talking to as many potential customers as possible – and not dismissing the ones who don’t qualify right away
  • 40 Years in the business | | 24 Oct 2013, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    Excellent advice from a real mortgage super star!
  • Kurt Willette | | 24 Oct 2013, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    You can't differentiate between rates? Have you not looked at Provident Funding rates relative to the market?
  • Joseph Perez | | 24 Oct 2013, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    Excellent insight into maintaining relationships and grwoing the business. We provide hard money mortgages and some of the same principles apply. Sincerely, Joseph Perez

• 40 Years in the business | | 24 Oct 2013, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    Kurt W, rates are, to me, the worst basis upon which to earn business. Work harder make less, a bad formula from my standpoint.
  • Jon | | 24 Oct 2013, 02:13 PM Agree 0
    If your business model is based on rates, then you have a long way to go in this business. een doing this for 26 years, and never mention rates in the beginning. If you are not a member of NAMB or your State Association fighting for you to make a living, then that is the first step in becoming knowledgeable in this buisness.
  • Jim VanVleck | | 24 Oct 2013, 03:33 PM Agree 0
    I have been doing mortgages for 28 years , never at the level of Greg , he was a supper star when I started , I have seen him live many times , if you do 1/10 th of the things he recommends you will do well , a true source of knowledge
Post a reply