Mortgage Professional America forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Big bank to cut thousands of mortgage jobs in 2014

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Professional America | 26 Feb 2014, 06:26 AM Agree 0
The country’s biggest bank will cut thousands of jobs in its mortgage unit this year as it tries to shrink operating costs in the face of lower refi volume
  • Rob | | 26 Feb 2014, 01:26 PM Agree 0
    Simply the ebb and flow of the mortgage business. And because the big banks have been terrible at performance in getting mortgages funded on time they are losing the purchase business as well.
  • being human | | 26 Feb 2014, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    since the max they can charge is 2.75 points. they don't need no stinking employees. I see they are looking for a new whale though.
  • Scott | | 26 Feb 2014, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    Most of these folks were just order takers,and if you only know how to do one mortgage in this market good luck.
  • Francine | | 26 Feb 2014, 02:13 PM Agree 0
    Maybe business will find its way back to Chase when Jamie Dimon goes to jail - instead of using his investors' money to pay off DOJ for his crimes? Meanwhile, Chase employees will probably keep jumping.

• Herb McGee | | 26 Feb 2014, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    I think now is the time to get back to basic retail sales, making your calls, face to face with the customer, 90% of the borrowers are looking on line and then need a person to talk to a real person. Be honest, finally mortgage mortgage officers might be rated more than one above a used car salesman.
  • Dave K | | 26 Feb 2014, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    The Refi Boom is about over. Visit your favorite Realtors for Purchase Business.
Post a reply